Re: [QST de K4LRG] Interesting - New Loudoun Radio System

  • Allon Stern
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2010

      On Sep 30, 2010, at 4:37 PM, AI2C - Norm Styer wrote:

      http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/motorola-solutions-gains-system-acce
      ptance-by-virginias-loudoun-county-for-project-25-digital-radio-system-upgra
      de-104071908.html

      Now, can any of you access this system?

      It depends on how they set up the system; if they encrypt the communications, then no.

      IMHO, the proper way to use crypto for public service systems is for non-repudiation and authentication, but not privacy. The actual messages should be in the clear so citizens can monitor their public services.

      Maybe it's time to talk to our local representatives to let them know how we feel.

      -
      allon