Re: [kumi2] Question on graphs in Beads and Braids

  • annoney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
      Most books will show pictures or illustrations as if the disk stays in one
      position the whole time. That is for clarity. Once you understand what
      is happening, you can turn the foam disk in any direction that makes it
      easier or faster to braid. Just keep the tension the same.

      (mother) Theresa

    • Joan Bowman
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
        Thank you for your information about turning the disk. We will be
        experimenting with turning or not. This group is so helpful, thank
        goodness!
        Joan
        ----- Original Message ----- http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • bea muniz
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
          Hi Beadreamer1,
          I am also a beader and have used kumihimo in some of my designs.
          In my experience using the disc it is always turned after each step or two,
          it depends on the design you are making.

          If you are making a round type of braid it is turned.
          If you are making a flat braid on the disc, then you don't need to turn the
          disc.

          ( I also bought the square plate for flat braids. The central opening is
          wider than the opening
          on the disk and it accommodates the flat braid well.
          Yet, I have made flat braids on the disc and it works fine.

          --
          Bea
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/beas_beads/

          Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can,
          in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you
          can, as long as ever you can.�
          John Wesley

        • Joan Bowman
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2011
            Bea,
            Thanks for the info. I was reluctant to ask this group as I felt they were
            serious braiders, but, like beaders, they rose to the occasion with help! I
            guess I'll just have to "play" and see what happens.
            Joan