wire, etc

  • Berlinbraids@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      Thanks for sharing about the comfort (not) of your wire circlet.
      There are other materials that do this too. Think about lurex or etc to add
      zing to a necklace - but check the "rub factor" as well as the visual impact.

      I've just taken a length of hollow braid off the loom. It's fishline, stuffed
      with rat tail, and beaded on 2 threads out of the 8. Looks terrific lying on
      the table, but the finishing will be inyeresting and also the wearing.

      The fishline was an impulse investment from the dollar store. It came on big
      plastic bobbins with hollows in them that were perfect for stuffing with
      weights. I have flat car tire weights, but pennies would work too, taped on the
      ends.

      In England they call this the "silly season".
      Heading for the ANWG conference in Tacoma tomorrow. Stop by and say hello in
      the Vendors' area.
      Shirley