Re: [kumi2] Braid 49 photos

  • Makiko Tada
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2005
      >In my opinion the best web site here in the States is Janis Saunders at
      >Braidershand. They make magnificent equipment and also if you want to
      >start small they sell the disk and plate which Makiko Tada developed.
      >It is not an expensive item and very portable.

      Thank you, None!
      Hi Janis, I cannot open your web site in these days.

      Dear Kumist,

      With Kumihimo plate, you will be able to make funny Kumihimo, for
      example zigzag, waggly or winding braids.
      Please, have a look the following page;
      http://kiiiiiii.exblog.jp/pg/blog.asp?eid=b0054875&iid=&acv=&dif=&opt=2&srl=2039923&dte=2005%2D02%2D17+00%3A11%3A51%2E000
      The page is my daughter's in Japanese.
      Perhaps you will be able to find some photos from our Kumihimo
      exhibition on 2005.2.11.
      The last two are my recent works.
      I am going to show how to make the braids at the 3 day workshop of ANWG.
      http://www.northwestweavers.org/index.html
      If you will have some interests, please, join the workshop.

      Happy braiding!

      Makiko

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2005
        On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 LoopyLacer@... wrote:

        > Um...I really don't mean to be rude, but in order to be members of this
        > list, we all have to have yahoo accounts. : - )

        As was mentioned later, you don't have to have one to subscribe. All you
        need to do is send an e-mail to the subscription address. I wouldn't even
        have set up the page, but yahoo won't let you make the group photo page
        viewable by non-yahoo account holders.

        And in another related yahoo weirdness, I have several people who are
        listed as 'bouncing' (e-mail bounces when sent to their address), who I
        keep on the list anyway, so that they can access the account only
        features.

        (snip)
        > I am a newbie to this list and to Kumihimo, but your site has been an
        > inspiration!

        Actually most of the work shown is from people other than me. Heck, I've
        been working on just one braid since last August.

        > I guess I should introduce myself, as well. My name is Lily and I live in
        > Southern California. I have been crocheting since the late 1960's, and did
        > some macrame, embroidery, needlepoint, etc., in my teens. I learned to make
        > Torchon bobbin lace and to tat in 1998 and published a book on advanced tatting
        > techniques in 1998. Then on one of the tatting lists, someone mentioned
        > knot tying and I have been getting into that, too. I am a member of several
        > lacemaking guilds, as well as IGKT (International Guild of Knot Tyers).
        > a look, I am definitely interested!
        (snip)

        Welcome to the list and I hope you enjoy the experience here.
        Todd