Re: [kumi2] beaded kumihimo

  • yo5011@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2012
      You are very welcome, they are very true. I wish I could "see" more
      patterns and ideas in my head. I admire you being about to think outside the
      box on your designs. When I am thinking up a new pattern, I often make a
      small sample piece to see how it will look, so I can make adjustments before
      stringing the full piece. It takes a bit of time up front but saves hours
      in the long run.

      I use C-Lon also. It comes in a micro size, regular and Tex, a much
      thicker cord. I like the new micro for the delica's, it works well with 15
      delicas as well as 15 seed beads.

      I just found the micro size about 6 months ago, I wish it came in more
      colors lol!

      I used silk for almost all of the first pieces I did, but it does have a
      bit of stretch to it so I am hoping with the small seed beads I don't get a
      lot of stretch and distortation.

      Linda

      In a message dated 6/1/2012 12:29:38 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
      becauseilikeit@... writes:

      Thank you Linda. Your kind words are appreciated. I use C-Lon for most of
      my strands. When I use pearls and some gemstones, I have to resort to
      thinner C-Lon (I only recently learned that they made different gauges!). Or
      Griffin for pearls.

      To: _kumi2@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:kumi2@yahoogroups.com)
      From: _yo5011@..._ (mailto:yo5011@...)
      Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:50:32 -0400
      Subject: Re: [kumi2] beaded kumihimo

      Wonderful collection of art pieces. What threads/cords do you use for

      your pieces with the larger beads? I have only worked with size 8's or

      smaller so far but would love to try with some of the more creative beads.
      Your

      work is amazing and very inspirational.

      Linda M

      In a message dated 5/31/2012 1:08:07 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,

      _becauseilikeit@..._ (mailto:becauseilikeit@...) writes:

      I have many like that in my facebook page. www.facebook.com/becauseilikeit

      Feel free to browse the pictures.

      To: __kumi2@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:_kumi2@yahoogroups.com) _
      (mailto:_kumi2@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:kumi2@yahoogroups.com) )

      From: __stormdw@..._ (mailto:_stormdw@...) _
      (mailto:_stormdw@..._ (mailto:stormdw@...) )

      Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 21:19:53 +0000

      Subject: [kumi2] beaded kumihimo

      Hi everyone,

      My name is Mischelle and I am new here and also to kumihimo. I have

      already learned how to do the ropes but would like to learn how to do the
      beaded

      kumihimo. I have seen all kinds of tutorials and videos all over the

      internet but I am not finding the kind that I am looking for. I am not
      interested

      in the kind that ends up like a beaded tube look.

      This is the kind that I would like to learn how to make...

      __http://beads-n-b_ (http://beads-n-b/)

      lessings.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Halloween_Kumi.6262347_std.JPG_

      (_http://beads-n-blessings.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Halloween_Kumi
      .6262347_std.JPG_
      (http://beads-n-blessings.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Halloween_Kumi.6262347_std.JPG) )

      I hope I am not violating any rules by posting this picture. I have even

      tried to contact the artist but she has been missing and no one seems to

      know her wherabouts.

      Does anyone know how this look is accomplished?

      I have also seen pictures of Kumihimo where different materials were used

      together and it looked like it was loosely woven instead of being tight. I

      can't seem to accomplish that look either.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you

      -Mischelle

    • Joel
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1, 2012
        Wow, thanks Stewart, that is really inspirational! As someone just starting
        out learning Kumihimo it's really great to see what can be done when
        combining it with beadwork.

        Joel