Radio Apex -pls fwrd

  • Gina
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26, 2007
      Apex Express: Asian Pacific Islander radio
      Thursdays 7PM-8PM, KPFA 94.1 FM, KFCF Fresno
      www.kpfa.org: on-line listening, past programs

      Thursday Dec 27: Apex talks with people on the "outer" ring of fire whose
      concerns remain on the table in the aftermath of the UN Global Warming Conference
      in Bali. Find out what burning issue Neil Tangri raised in Indonesia and why he
      was detained on his way to Bali. And, hear about rising waters threatening Pacific Islands and how cultural, political and environmental issues come together as we talk with Pacific Island studies teacher David Palaita. Plus music, calendar and more...

      Contact: apex@..., www.apexexpress.org, 510-848-6767x464 for more stories and audio

      apologies for duplicates

    • Gina
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
        Apex Express: Asian Pacific Islander radio
        Thursdays 7PM-8PM, KPFA 94.1 FM, KFCF Fresno,
        www.kpfa.org for on-line listening, past programs

        Thurs. Jan. 10th: Apex Express continues to bring you stories and music for your listening ears in the '08. This week we feature Thao Nguyen, a Virginia-bred songwriter, with a unique voice, and a knack for beat-boxing and humming at the same time. She blesses us with her voice and guitar. (http://www.thaomusic.com/)
        Also, Immigrant and Refugee rights: we speak with Diana Wu about an upcoming national conference taking place January 18-20, in Houston, TX. (http://nnirr.org/events/conference/2008/english.html) Plus, community calendar and more!
        Contact: 510-848-6767x464; apex@... ; for more stories: www.apexexpress.org .

        apologies for duplicates

      • Gina
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2008
          Apex Express: Asian Pacific Islander radio
          Thursdays 7PM-8PM, KPFA 94.1 FM, KFCF Fresno,
          www.kpfa.org for on-line listening, *past programs

          Thurs. May 8th:
          Its Spring funddrive time! We hear excerpts from the DVD "Whose Children Are These?", a documentary that examines the harrowing experience of three Muslim-American teenagers - Navila, Mohammad, and Hager - affected by Special Registration, a post 9/11 security measure, during a post 9/11 time http://www.whosechildrenarethese.com

          Also, Organic, Free Range, Fresh, Progressive, Politically Sexy and Tasty. These words describe "The Cooking Show con Karimi y Castro". Concinero Karimi y Castro share why they think "The Revolution starts in the Kitchen".
          http://www.kaoticgood.com
          http://www.apiculturalcenter.org