Radio Apex - pls fwrd

  • Gina Hotta
    Message 1 of 81 , May 1, 2007

      Apex Express: Asian Pacific Islander radio....catch it
      Thursdays 7PM-8PM, KPFA 94.1 FM, KFCF Fresno, www.kpfa.org

      Thurs. May 3: Delicious Venom, two Hmong emcees, tousaiko and knowstalgic, representin Minnesota and beyond.  Tune in as they speak on the rise of API hip hop and their work to push consciousness through hip hop straight outta Minnesota, blasting edutainment.  Peep game at  www.myspace.com/deliciousvenom
      Also, we will continue to reverberate the message of Immigrant Workers Day as we speak to local activists about the recent march and the continued struggle for immigrant workers rights in the API community.
      And ya don't stop with a frrrresh Hot 7 at 7 mixup by your one and only, DJ Phatrick! (www.myspace.com/djphatrick ).  Plus community calendar, and more!  Contact: 510-848-6767x464; apex@... ; for more stories: www.apexexpress.org.  For Apex 's hip-hop site: www.myspace.com/apexexpress.org

    • gina hotta
      Message 81 of 81 , Sep 10, 2008
        Apex Express: Asian Pacific Islander radio
        Thursdays 7PM-8PM, KPFA 94.1 FM, KFCF Fresno,
        www.kpfa.org for on-line listening, *past programs

        Thurs. Sept 11:
        The Pretty Buoyant Show returns for its September installment, and this week we catch up with the women of DISGRASIAN upon their return from the Democratic and Republican National Conventions!  The question to keep in mind: Does the term "Tila Tequila" mean the same to you as it does to Sen. McCain?

        And we also sit down with San Francisco's boldest and brightest new emcee, Hopie Spitshard, fresh off the heels of her debut LP The Diamond Dame.  HOT DAME this is gonna be a good show!

        PLUS Community Calendar Highlights: "Divided We Fall" stories in the aftermath of 9-11 www.dwf-film.org and "Apature" showcasing the best of API arts www.kearnystreet.org, and more Asiatic diaspora pop than you can shake a stick at.

        Contact: apex@..., 510-848-6767x464
        for more stories: www.apexexpress.org
        and www.myspace.com/apexexpres on our hip hop tip.
        (*go to www.kpfa.org, programs or archives, Apex)