Radio Apex - pls fwrd

  • Gina Hotta
    Message 1 of 81 , Apr 3, 2007

      Apex Express: Asian Pacific Islander radio
      Thursdays 7PM-8PM, KPFA 94.1 FM, KFCF Fresno,
      www.kpfa.org
      Thurs. April 5:  Power Struggle, Sentenced Home, and this live deejay!

      Power Struggle, SF/Brooklyn-based hip hop duo consisting of Nomi, the emcee and Deetalx, the dj recently dropped "Arson at the Petting Factory", a heavy-hitting album in sound and content. Tune in as we speak to Nomi about the crew and perhaps even get a little freestyle session...  Peep game at (www.powerstrugglers.com) or (www.myspace.com/powerstruggle).
      ITVS flips the focus from immigration to emigration with "Sentenced Home", a documentary about three youth facing deportation back to Cambodia for minor crimes as a youth ( www.itvs.org/outreach/sentencedhome)

      And ya don't stop with yet another live DJ set featuring Un/de/Fine bringin it live and direct for the Hot 7 at 7 mixup! (
      www.myspace.com/undfine).  Plus community calendar, and more!  Contact: 510-848-6767x464; apex@... ; for more stories: www.apexexpress.org.  For Apex 's hip-hop site: www.myspace.com/apexexpress.org

      Apologies for duplicates

    • gina hotta
      Message 81 of 81 , Sep 10, 2008
        Apex Express: Asian Pacific Islander radio
        Thursdays 7PM-8PM, KPFA 94.1 FM, KFCF Fresno,
        www.kpfa.org for on-line listening, *past programs

        Thurs. Sept 11:
        The Pretty Buoyant Show returns for its September installment, and this week we catch up with the women of DISGRASIAN upon their return from the Democratic and Republican National Conventions!  The question to keep in mind: Does the term "Tila Tequila" mean the same to you as it does to Sen. McCain?

        And we also sit down with San Francisco's boldest and brightest new emcee, Hopie Spitshard, fresh off the heels of her debut LP The Diamond Dame.  HOT DAME this is gonna be a good show!

        PLUS Community Calendar Highlights: "Divided We Fall" stories in the aftermath of 9-11 www.dwf-film.org and "Apature" showcasing the best of API arts www.kearnystreet.org, and more Asiatic diaspora pop than you can shake a stick at.

        Contact: apex@..., 510-848-6767x464
        for more stories: www.apexexpress.org
        and www.myspace.com/apexexpres on our hip hop tip.
        (*go to www.kpfa.org, programs or archives, Apex)