OPENING RECEPTION: Community Images Exhibit 11/05 this sat. presenting "Community"

  • angel(a)
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      folks, please come and support this saturday.

      the program will begin around 2:30 pm.

      for PT: you can take the N Judah muni and get off at Duboce Park

      -angela 0=)

      Community Images presents:
      COMMUNITY

      Opening Reception
      Saturday, November 5, 2005
      1:00 to 4:00 pm
      Program and Refreshments
      Exhibit runs through November 30

      San Francisco Photography Center
      Harvey Milk Center (downstairs)
      50 Scott Street / Duboce
      San Francisco, CA 94117

      510.532.0520 or 415.554.9522
      info@... (mailto:info@...)
      www.communityimages.org (http://www.communityimages.org)

      works by:

      Bruce Akizuki

      Kara Andrade

      Angela Angel

      Angelica Cabande

      Betina Chan

      Stephanie Cheng

      Alexis David

      Tiffany Eng

      Darcey Iwashita

      Craig Matsuzaki

      Amal Mongia

      Thien Nguyen

      Judith Sandoval

      . ... . . . . .
      "Our strategy should be not only to confront empire, but to lay siege to
      it. To deprive it of oxygen. To shame it. To mock it. With our art, our
      music, our literature, our stubbornness, our joy, our brilliance, our
      sheer relentlessness - and our ability to tell our own stories. Stories
      that are different from the ones we're being brainwashed to believe. The
      corporate revolution will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are
      selling - their ideas, their version of history, their wars, their
      weapons, their notion of inevitability. Remember this: We be many and they
      be few. They need us more than we need them. Another world is not only
      possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."
      --Arundhati Roy