anamude :: new recording called Pentimento

  • ana hortillosa
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2005
      Greetings ~~

      Here's an Anamude update about:
      --Pentimento, the new full-length record
      --March shows
      --Website

      PENTIMENTO
      Well, it sure took a while, but that recording I did a year ago, the new
      Anamude record and follow-up to the Urban Comfort EP, is now out through
      KEEP Recordings.

      What is pentimento ?
      ~~ an underlying image in a painting, as an earlier painting; part of a
      painting, or original draft, that shows through, usually when the top
      layer
      of the paint has become transparent with age; ...the old conceptions,
      replaced
      by a later choice, is a way of seeing...and then seeing again.

      This recording was made with Adam Selzer in Portland, Oregon at Type
      Foundry
      last January 2004 (during an ice storm...even the hail made it on the
      record).
      Musicians on the recording are:

      Ana Hortillosa--guitar, vocal, keys, found sounds
      Adam Selzer--optigan, mellotron, piano, electric guitar, found sounds
      Rachel Blumberg--drums
      Todd Corbett--bass
      Derek Trost--vibes, percussion jungle, thunder drums
      Amanda Lawrence--viola

      Mastered by Myles Boisen, Oakland, CA
      Art work by Nate Williams http://n8w.com
      Design by KEEP Recordings http://keeprecordings.com

      SHOWS
      I've got a few shows coming up this month with Jason Kleinberg on viola:
      3/3 Lucky's -- Eugene, Or
      3/4 The Know -- Portland, Or
      3/25 Highland Grounds -- Los Angeles, Ca

      A NEW INTERVIEW with Shmat Records came out on Feb 14
      "....through her songs she presents us with a persona that is friendly,
      intimate, and mysterious all at once..."
      http://www.shmat.com/features.php?page=anamude

      And some new words coming through about Pentimento.
      http://www.anamude.com/press.html
      "...But then there's also the quiet and lovely, almost atmospheric
      approach
      to "Distance and the Flood" and the delicate yet almost amazingly pretty
      ending to "New Leaves," which is surely my favorite moment on this
      album..."
      --Delusions of Adequacy

      Finally...THE WEBSITE GOT A FACE-LIFT !
      There are new pictures by Debra Baida.

      (I'm less in the habit of sending out these update emails these days,
      but
      if you do not want to recieve them, please feel free to let me know and
      I will surely take you off the list.)

      Cheers & Happy 2005,

      Ana

      http://anamude.com