APA Artists 4 Tsunami Relief-- Dhamaal Artist Collective, Scrabbel, Golda and more

  • Samantha Chanse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 5:36 PM
      Subject: LocusArtsEvents:APA Artists 4 Tsunami Relief-- Dhamaal Artist
      Collective, Scrabbel, Golda and more

      Dear Locus-ites!

      Please come out this Thursday to our fundraiser for tsunami relief. Every
      dollar that you give that night WILL BE MATCHED!

      We collected some of our favorite artists and arts organizations, including
      the artists of the DHAMAAL collective, voted the "Best of the Bay" by the
      Bay Guardian, slam champion SHAILJA PATEL, sultry rock/soul vocalist GOLDA
      SUPANOVA and multi-talented indie rock band, SCRABBEL, who dropped one of
      Locus' favorite album of 2004.

      In addition, we are auctioning off cool artwork by Dre Sibayan, Omz, Dino
      Ignacio, Matt Reamer and others. There are rumors that some of these
      artists are going to do a LIVE PAINTING during the show, a piece that we
      will auction off at the end of the night.
      APA Artists 4 Tsunami Relief
      February 3, 2005, 7-11pm
      Locus Arts @ Galeria de la Raza
      2857 24th St.& Bryant, San Francisco
      Suggested Donation: $10 and up (as much as you want!)
      * Doors Open at 7pm.
      Show starts at 7:30pm sharp.

      APA Artists unite to raise funds for tsunami relief. Come out for a
      night of music and words and join our efforts to raise funds for
      the tsunami devastation in southeast and south Asia.

      *ARTISTS*

      SHAILJA PATEL , Slam Champion Poet
      RIFFAT SULTANA AND PARTY, Pakistani Folk Music
      PARAG CHORDIA AND FERHAN QURESHI, Dhamaal Collective Artists, Sarod
      and Tabla Players
      SCRABBEL, Indie Pop
      GOLDA SUPANOVA and the COMIC BOOK HEROES , Urban Rock Soul

      emcee: DUC NGUYEN, host of KQED's Pacific Time

      and art auction with pieces by Dre Sibayan, Omz, Dino Ignacio, Matt Reamer
      and others.

      For more information and full bios on artists:
      http://www.locusarts.org/calendar.html?date=3+1+2005

      **ALL GROSS PROCEEDS BENEFIT RELIEF EFFORTS IN INDONESIA AND SRI LANKA.**

      We are working with the Global Greengrants Funds www.greengrants.org to
      disburse all funds collected directly to 3 community-based groups in the two
      hardest hit areas. Global Greengrants' Fund is a U.S. 501(c)(3) tax-exempt
      organization, and will match the dollars donated to this special relief
      effort. 100 percent of Tsunami Fund donations will be sent to these relief
      efforts.

      Co-presented by Locus, EKTA, Galeria De La Raza, Dhamaal, Kearny Street
      Workshop, Bindlestiff Studio, Asian American Theater Company, manja.org,
      Asian Improv aRts, Asia Society Northern California, and National Asian
      American Telecommunications Association

      FRIDAY, Febuary 18 at 8pm
      Kill Valentine's!
      Galería de la Raza, 2857 24th Street, @ Bryant, SF
      $5
      http://www.locusarts.org/calendar.html?date=18+1+2005

      Ah yes, an introverted self-loathing day of lounge to celebrate the spirit
      of the Valentine's. Join locus and solo musical entity GEORGE CHEN,
      singer-songwriter GOH NAKAMURA(in his anti-singer-songwriter incarnation),
      and other noise entities. There will be music, noise, and lounging (board
      games?) involved.

      TUESDAY, Febuary 22. 7pm
      T-Shirt Making Workshop.
      Galería de la Raza, 2857 24th Street, @ Bryant, SF
      workshop fee TBA.
      http://www.locusarts.org/calendar.html?date=22+1+2005

      it's the Make-yr-own-shirt workshop. you'll have the chance to rip apart old
      shirts and sew pieces together into a fashionable frankenstein-like
      creation. but in a totally hip way. and you'll take home your own new shirt
      at the end of the evenin'.

      the instructor will be very experienced in communicating these t-shirt
      making skills, and that person will be announced soon.

      until then, please rsvp at us@...--space is limited.

      www.locusarts.org | us@...