FW:HerStories presents BONE SONGS

  • ksw
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:00:12 -0800
      From: "Ching-In Chen" <cchen@...>
      Subject: SAVE THE DATE: HerStories Project presents BONE SONGS 3/12-3/14!

      Hi folks!

      For the past 6 months, I've been pouring a lot of my time, energy,
      creativity and love into a special collaborative ritual theater process
      working with the stories of our female ancestors. It's felt very important
      and timely and I want to share with you the result of our hard work and
      struggles within ourselves and with each other and the stories that have
      passed down. I wanted to send you a Save-The-Date for our HerStories
      Project performance for March 12, 13, & 14!

      I have a limited amount of tickets for our performances so please call me as
      soon as you can at (510) 655-3845 so I can save one for you. (If you can't
      afford the $ right now, you can volunteer the night of the performance and
      get in free -- lemme know.)

      Much love and thanks so much for your support,

      Ching-In

      Arising from a six-month collaborative process of research and community
      building, the Herstories Project Presents..

      BONE SONGS: Echoes of the Unknown Mother

      A Multi-Media Ritual Theater Production that will tell the stories of 13
      diverse Bay Area women and the women who stand behind them. Directed by
      Emily Burkes-Nossiter, featuring performances by Aryeh Shell, Betsy Bryant,
      Blackstar, Ching-In Chen, Elenna Rubin Goodman, Isoke Femi, Jennifer Fox
      Bennett, Karla Robinson, Karla Brundage, Nicola Wagenberg, Shanique
      Scott-Tyehimba, Sparlha Swa, and Vika Teicher.

      Performances:

      March 12th 8pm SOMARTS Cultural Center in San Francisco 934 Brannon
      St./8th St.

      March 13th 8pm Oakland Box Theater 1928 Telegraph/19th St (Near 19th St.
      BART Station): Tickets available oneline at www.oaklandbox.com for our Black
      Box performance!

      March 14th 2pm First Congregational Church in Oakland 2501 Harrison
      St/27th St.

      $10-25 Sliding Scale Tickets will be available at the door & from us too!

      For more information call: 510-594-1377
      www.herstoriesproject.org