FW: [EKTA] Spoken Word Event to Celebrate International Women's Day

  • seelight
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2003
      ---
      Check out what's going on with these organizations that I work with:

      HYPHEN Magazine, the new national Asian American news and culture magazine,
      needs YOU to fill out a brief survey! (Even if you're not Asian.)
      http://www.hyphenmagazine.com/survey.html

      Kearny Street Workshop is seeking a new EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
      Info at: http://www.kearnystreet.org/resources/opportunities/index.html#exec

      ----------
      From: List-admin@...
      Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:34:03 -0500
      To: list@...
      Subject: [EKTA] Spoken Word Event to Celebrate International Women's Day

      CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY WITH YOUR WORDS AND VOICES

      To celebrate International Women's Day and recognize women's accomplishments
      and struggles for equality, justice, and peace, Ekta
      invites you to an evening of poetry and readings about women. Come and share
      your words and hear others' thoughts on all that is
      delightful and disturbing about being a woman in today's world. The evening
      will also feature a performance by acclaimed spoken word
      artist, Shailja Patel, and excerpts from a play on domestic violence in the
      South Asian community.

      _______________________________________

      What: Spoken Word Event for International Women's Day
      When: Thursday, March 13, 2003
      Time: 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM
      Where: Al Fanous (formerly Mission Ground Café)
      Directions: Closest BART station is 16th and Mission. The café is located at
      3170 16th
      Street between Valencia and Guerrero. Phone
      (café): (415) 621-1539.

      For more information about the event, please contact:
      rajika_bhandari@ yahoo.com.

      Information for spoken word participants: All pieces should be limited to 5
      minutes. If you plan on reading/performing, please be at the
      venue by 7 PM in order to put your name on the sign up sheet. While we will
      try our best to accommodate everyone, we cannot promise
      everyone a spot due to time limitations.

      EKTA
      email: info@ ektaonline.org
      website: http://www.ektaonline.org