FW: TENTACLE: Roshambo Call For Artists

  • Kearny Street Workshop
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 5:26 PM
      ----
      Kearny Street Workshop - ksw@...; ph/fax 415.503.0520
      934 Brannan St.; SF, CA 94103 - www.kearnystreet.org.

      Please join us for the openings of our 3-gallery exhibition:
      "The Angel Island Immigration Experience"
      SF Main Library (100 Larkin St., Civic Center)
      Saturday, May 5, 2 - 4 pm
      Chinese Culture Center/Chinatown Community Arts Program
      (750 Kearny St., 3rd floor, in the Holiday Inn)
      Saturday, May 12, 2 - 4 pm

      Our current exhibition is: "Limited Edition: Recent Work by Emerging APA
      Artists" at Asia Pacific Cultural Center 388 9th St., Ste. 290
      in Oakland. Gallery Hours: Tues-Fri 10-7, Sat 11-5

      California Arts Council: The Year of the Arts-2001. www.cac.ca.gov

      ----------
      From: Laughing Squid <lists@...>
      Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 13:48:44 -0700
      To: tentacle@...
      Subject: TENTACLE: Roshambo Call For Artists

      Hello to all of you fantastic people who are reading the squid/tentacle list
      missives -

      My partner and I are opening a winery up here in Healdsburg (an hour north
      of S.F.). As our backgrounds are rooted in art, not wine, we will have a
      rather small but super suave (thanks to MOTO Design/Andy Hope of S.F.)
      gallery inside the tasting room. We'll even have a video art monitor in one
      of the restrooms! Our opening is at the end of this year - most likely
      September/October. Our aim is to open some eyes around here, to expose
      people to works that they should be seeing/experiencing, but, due to a
      rather jaded and insular environment, are not.

      We are looking for artists to show work in our "non-traditional"
      environment. Below is a copy of the call for artists that will appear in the
      upcoming SFBG -

      Serious new North Bay gallery looking for powerful art by emerging and
      established artists. Strong message and intent a must. No preferred medium -
      painting, photography, video art, sculpture, conceptual, collage, ceramics,
      poop, you name it. Submit slides/quality photos, artist statement (SASE) to
      P.O. Box 280 Healdsburg, CA 95448.

      You game? Of course you are! Slides/photos/etc. to Roshambo PO Box 280
      Healdsburg CA 95448
      Inquiries: mediatrance@...

      for additional help, email tentacle-help@...

      Questions & Submission Guidlines
      The Tentacle List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/tentacle/faq.html

      Laughing Squid
      http://laughingsquid.com

      underground art & culture
      http://laughingsquid.org

      Laughing Squid Web Hosting
      http://laughingsquid.net

      * 100Mb for $20/month, no setup charge
      * park your domain name for free
      * discounts artists, non-profits & multiple domains