FW: TENTACLE: National Queer Arts Festival Needs Volunteers

  • Kearny Street Workshop
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      ----
      Kearny Street Workshop - ksw@...; ph/fax 415.503.0520
      934 Brannan St.; SF, CA 94103 - www.kearnystreet.org.

      Please join us at the SF Main Library to close "made in usa: Angel Island
      Shhh" with presentations by Bill Wong, Jennie Lew and Jeanie Lowe. We
      will also screen Amy Chen's "Chinatown Files".
      Saturday, June 2; 11 - 5. 100 Larkin St., Civic Center, Lower Level.

      Our current exhibitions are: "The Angel Island Immigration Experience"
      3-gallery exhibition
      SF Main Library (100 Larkin St., Civic Center, basement)
      Chinese Culture Center/Chinatown Community Arts Program
      (750 Kearny St., 3rd floor, in the Holiday Inn)

      California Arts Council: The Year of the Arts-2001. www.cac.ca.gov

      ----------
      From: Laughing Squid <lists@...>
      Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:38:50 -0700
      To: tentacle@...
      Subject: TENTACLE: National Queer Arts Festival Needs Volunteers

      The National Queer Arts Festival is seeking volunteers for several of our
      events. Volunteers get to see the event for which they are assisting for
      free. For further information, visit:
      www.QueerCulturalCenter.org

      or contact Mark Menke at:
      NQAF@..., 415.552.7709

      We are also seeking some volunteers to assist with tech and stage management
      for several of our events. Again, those volunteering for the events may see
      them for free. Experience is great, but not necessary. Use this as an
      opportunity to acquire those stage management skills you've been dying to
      learn!

      Those who want to volunteer should contact Joey Williams, National Queer
      Arts
      Festival Tech Guru, and let him know when you want to help out. Joey can be
      reached at:

      star8light@...

      Here is a list of when and where people are needed:

      Load in help at SomArts (934 Brannan @ 8th St)
      Friday June 1 3-7pm 2- Volunteers
      Saturday June 2 10am - 5pm 2- Volunteers

      Backstage help to be on headset during the show and help out with the scene
      change at SomArts.

      Intercourse Spoken Word
      Sunday June 3 5pm - 10pm 2-Volunteers

      Sini Anderson Show
      Sunday June 10 6pm - 10pm 2-Volunteers

      Stanya Kahn and Harriet Dodge Show
      Wednesday June 13 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer
      Thursday June 14 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer
      Friday June 15 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer
      Saturday June 16 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer

      Womens Building Events (3543 18th St @ Valencia)
      General stage help
      Friday June 1 3:30pm - 5pm 1-Volunteer

      Set up and strike help at the Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy (4235 19th St
      @ Collingwood)
      Thursday June 7 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer
      Friday June 8 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer
      Saturday June 9 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer

      Thursday June 14 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer
      Friday June 15 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer
      Saturday June 16 6pm - 10pm 1-Volunteer

      Mark Menke
      Program Director Assistant Festival Coordinator
      Harvey Milk Institute National Queer Arts Festival
      www.harveymilk.org www.QueerCulturalCenter.org

      584 Castro St # 451
      San Francisco, CA 94114

      415.552.7200 office
      415.552.0179 facsimile

      <==:<- <==:<- <==:<- <==:<- <==:<- <==:<- <==:<- <==:<- <==:<-

      ------------------------ The Tentacle List ------------------------

      The Tentacle List
      http://www.laughingsquid.org/tentacle/

      for additional help, email tentacle-help@...

      Questions & Submission Guidlines
      The Tentacle List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/tentacle/faq.html

      ------------------------ Laughing Squid ------------------------

      Laughing Squid
      http://laughingsquid.org

      San Francisco independent art and underground culture

      Laughing Squid Web Hosting
      http://laughingsquid.net

      Laughing Squid is an independently run web hosting service
      based in San Francisco that specializes in web hosting for
      artists, individuals, non-profits & small organizations/businesses.
      We're here to help out the little guys on the web who often get
      lost in the impersonal void of corporate web hosting.