Quest for Justice Community Forum

  • Kearny Street Workshop
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2000
      Quest For Justice Community Forum
      Our History, Our Future:
      Asian Women Struggling Against Military Sexual Slavery

      Friday, November 17, 2000
      Oakland YWCA
      1515 Webster Street (at 15th St.)

      6:30 p.m. Reception
      7:00 p.m. Program

      $5-$15 Donation

      Featuring:
      Kim Soon-Duk, former ?Comfort Woman?
      Hye-Jin Seunim, director of House of Sharing
      Valerie Alipio Jocson, GABRIELA Network
      And Cultural Performances

      Quest for Justice Community Forum is a community-organized forum for
      the art tour, ?Quest for Justice: The story of Korean ?Comfort Women?
      as Told by Their Art? on the forced sexual slavery of women by the
      Japanese Imperial Army during WWII and the history of solidarity
      building in the anti-violence movement against women and
      militarization.

      Sponsored by: Korean Exposure and Education Program, Asians and
      Pacific Islanders for Community Empowerment (API Force), Arab Women?s
      Solidarity Association (N. America), Asian Immigrant Women Advocates,
      Asian Women United, Center for Political Education, Center for Third
      World Organizing, Channing and Popai Liem Education Foundation,
      Committee for Human Rights in the Phillipines, GABRIELA Network,
      Jamaesori, Kearny Street Workshop, Korean Community Center of the East
      Bay, Korean Youth Cultural Center, Shimtuh: A Korean American Domestic
      Violence Program, Women of Color Resource Center.
    • Steven Low
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2000
        I'm a competitor on the SF State speech and debate team and have been
        speaking about Japanese war crimes at various collegiate tournaments. I
        would be interested in volenteering at the upcoming events, especially the
        protest at the Japanese consulate. Please tell me if there's anything I can
        contribute.

        Steven Low

        http://profiles.msn.com