Do It Yourself Call for Artists--deadline Dec. 14

  • kearnystreetworkshop
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
      Presenting the Second Annual Locus Arts at Kearny Street Workshop Do It
      Yourself Music Video Night. We're teaming up Asian American musicians
      with Asian American filmmakers to make music videos to premiere at a
      Locus event in February 2009 with the possibility of entry into a
      competitive event in March.

      Last year's competition was sponsored by the Center for Asian American
      Media and the videos competed for a spot in the 2008 San Francisco
      Asian American Film Festival. The videos from the 2008 DIY event can be
      viewed at http:/
      http://www.asianamericanmedia.org/videos/">www.asianamericanmedia.org/videos/
      under Locus Arts Do
      It Yourself Music Video Contest. The winning video, I-Hotel by
      Autonomous Region Directed by Jason Nou, and all of last years videos
      went on to national and international film festivals.

      We want interested musicians and filmmakers to get in touch with us by
      emailing brandon@.... No prior experience with music videos
      is necessary. Locus arts will even team you up with a band or
      filmmaker! Due to logistics for the premiere event all participants
      especially musicians who are invited to perform at the premiere should
      be local to the San Francisco Bay Area although it isn't required if
      you're willing to make the trip.

      We're looking for Asian American musicians and filmmakers interested in
      making no to low budget music videos with other Asian American
      musicians and filmmakers to submit a short bio about themselves along
      with the following;

      *Solo musicians and bands must have a CD quality recording of the song
      you would like to use in a music video. If you have a sample of the
      song posted online, please email us a link your website or MySpace
      page. If you do not have your work posted online, email us and we can
      make arrangements to get a sample from you.

      *Filmmakers must have their own video camera and editing software, and
      a sample of their work. If you have a sample of your work posted
      online, please email us a link your work. If you do not have your work
      posted online, email us and we can make arrangements to get a sample
      from you.

      **This year we would also like to encourage participants to seek out
      their own partners. Filmmakers, if you know a band that you've been
      wanting to make a music video with contact them about collaborating for
      this project and feel free to email us a collaborative submission.
      Musicians, same thing. Also, in the true Do It Yourself spirit, we
      would like to invite self made videos by those of you
      musician/filmmakers out there that really do it all yourself. If you
      want to make a music video, we want to give you a place to premiere it
      to the community in 2009.

      The deadline to let us know that you are interested in participating is
      December 14, 2008. If you know any budding directors, producers, story
      tellers, bands, singers, songwriters and MC's looking to get involved,
      network and make music videos please forward this call to them.

      Email your submissions to brandon@... or visit
      http://www.locusarts.org">www.locusarts.org or www.kearnystreet.org for more info.

      Best regards,
      Brandon Bigelow