Fwd: Printing w/ a Steamroller and *Spark

  • Samantha Chanse
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Katherine Aoki <kaoki@...>
      Date: Sep 4, 2007 11:42 AM
      Subject: Printing w/ a Steamroller  and *Spark
      To: Katherine Aoki <kaoki@...>

      Dear Kind Supporters,
      Here are two upcoming events: printing with a steamroller on 9/8 (in San Francisco) and rerun of the Spark episode which features my prints on 9/12 and 9/16.

      Hope to see you on Saturday in SF!
      Cheers,
      Kathy

      http://www.kaoki.com

      Steamroller Prints:
      On Saturday Sept. 8 from 11am - 5pm, I'll be printing a 3 ft x 3ft linoleum cut with a steam roller on the street at the Center for the Book in San Francisco . This free event includes ten artists with big lino-cuts, vendor tables, and kids activities.

      This unique fundraiser doubles as a rollicking street fair with an expanded book arts and printers sale. The large lino cut prints will be auctioned off at our annual Gala Dinner/Fundraiser. This year watch us pull prints from large-scale linoleum blocks carved especially for the occasion by: Kathy Aoki, East Side Editions, Michael Carabetta, Leif Fairfield, Mary Laird, Paul Madonna, Brandon Mise, Rik Olson, Maia de Raat, Patricia Miye Wakida, and William T. Wiley.

      Saturday September 8
      11 am to 5pm
      San Francisco Center for the Book
      300 De Haro Street
      San Francisco, CA, 94103
      415-565-0545
      http://www.sfcb.org

      Spark show rerun:
      The episode of Spark ( the KQED TV Arts magazine ) which features my work will be re-aired on
      Wednesday Sept. 12 at 7:30 pm and will repeat on Sunday Sept. 16, at 6:30 am on KQED Channel 9. The rerun can also be seen in the South Bay on KTEH-TV 54 and KCAH-TV.
      (check www.kteh.org for details)

      You can also see the streaming video online at
      http://www.kqed.org/arts/people/spark/profile.jsp?id=16671

      Major funding for Spark is provided by:
          * The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation -- supporting creativity and innovation in the arts since 1967
          * The James Irvine Foundation -- expanding opportunity for the people of California
          * Diane B. Wilsey
          * KQED Campaign for the Future Program Venture Fund

      With additional support from:
          * Meridee Moore and Kevin King
          * Helen Sarah Steyer
          * Phyllis C. Wattis Foundation
          * National Endowment for the Arts

      Spark is a co-production of KQED and the Bay Area Video Coalition.
      Spark airs on KQED-TV 9 on Wednesdays at 7:30pm and repeats on Fridays at 11:30pm. Repeat broadcasts can be seen on KQED's digital channels. Spark also airs on KTEH-TV 54 and KCAH-TV 25 on Sundays at 4:00pm.

      samantha chanse
      www.whiskeyandacigarette.org