[Fwd: AAWW: Summer 2006 Internships w/Stipend]

  • samantha chanse
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: AAWW: Summer 2006 Internships w/Stipend
      Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:49:00 -0500
      From: The Asian American Writers' Workshop <desk@...>
      To: <desk@...>

      Call for Interns at The Asian American Writers' Workshop!

      Paid Summer Internships ($500)

      The Asian American Writers' Workshop is a non-profit literary arts
      organization dedicated to the creation, development, publication and
      dissemination of Asian American Literature. We hold numerous events and
      writing workshops, publish works through our Small Press Division, hold
      youth writing workshops and programs, offer fellowships, run the Annual
      Asian American Literary Awards Ceremony and operate a reading room of Asian
      American literature.

      The Workshop is looking for 2 interns to assist with public programs, work
      with youth and general tasks. We are especially interested in interviewing
      individuals who have extensive computer experience, including HTML, Quark,
      Photoshop and familiarity with MAC OS.

      Internships are open to all college students from various educational
      backgrounds. Interns will be chosen based on previous work experience,
      relevant studies and career goals, as well as consideration to diversity.

      -- Internship program begins the second week of June 2004 to late August
      2004 (approx 12 weeks).
      -- College credit is available.
      -- A stipend of $500 will be offered.
      -- Interns will receive numerous benefits, such as discounts and free
      writing workshop classes.
      -- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are
      filled.

      The Workshop is located in midtown Manhattan, New York City.
      Travel, housing and other related costs are not included.

      Internship Applications are available for download at
      _http://www.aaww.org/aboutus_internships.html
      _
      To apply, mail or fax your cover letter, resume and the application form to:

      Internships
      The Asian American Writers' Workshop
      16 West 32nd St, Ste 10A
      New York NY 10001