FW: RADIO/INTERNET special("PILIPINO OURSTORY") OUTREACH

  • bruddah K
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 4:20 PM
      PILIPINO OURSTORY radio special OUTREACH
      > please FORWARD/POST/BROADCAST/DISTRIBUTE
      FAR & WIDE to other PIN@Y Kommunity Folks <

      Greetings, mga Kapatid ko~

      Si Kayumanggi Kaloy(Klay), aka "Brother K", radio
      producer and DJ based at KPFA in Berkeley. I am
      writing to invite Pin@ys who are down to work with
      Ang MAGKAISA Prodyekt, organizers of PILIPINO UNITY
      DAY
      (check out www.PilipinoUnity.net )
      to get involved in or support the
      "Pilipino OURstory" radio special produksyon kru.

      "Pilipino OURstory"
      is our annual offering
      during Pilipino Am. History Month,
      and this year we will broadcast
      a live 4 hour special
      on the last Thursday of the month,

      sa/on Hwebes/THURSDAY,
      28 OKTUBRE/OCTOBER, 2003,
      8:00 PM Pacific Time
      (until 12midnight- four hours on the air)

      on KPFA~FM 94.1 Berkeley
      and KFCF~FM 88.1 Fresno

      LIVE INTERNET AUDIOSTREAM
      and FREE mp3 ARCHIVES
      at: www.kpfa.org

      (download the free "BROADCAST SPECIAL" mp3
      under "ARCHIVE"
      on www.kpfa.org
      of the "PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE DAY SPECIAL:
      KALAYAAN")

      NEW OFFERINGS THIS YEAR

      New offerings on this year's special will include the
      recently released book looking at the
      PHILIPPINE-AMERICAN WAR through U.S. cartoons entitled
      "COLOURED: BLACK & WHITE"(sp?)

      Past Pilipino Specials sa Hunyo at Oktubre
      have included ticket giveaways, announcements, live
      performances of musika & poetry, and an eklektik mix
      of musika from Pilipino artists in a variety of genres
      from traditional to folk, rock, hip hop, and reggae.

      PIN@Y ARTISTS AND INTERVIEWS

      Artists and interviewees have included:
      Joey Ayala, Bayang Barrios, Human Rights Attorney
      Romeo T. Capulong, Melody del Mundo, Sining Kambayoka
      Ensemble, Bobby Banduria, Native Elements, Rex
      Navarrete, Janet Stickmon, FYC Poets, SFSU Pilipino
      Muralistas, Dr. Cesar Adib Majul, members of 8th
      Wonder, Eliya, Fr. Eliseo Mercado, Helobung T'boli
      Kultural Troupe, and much more.

      We are accepting CD, Vinyl, and MD recordings from
      Pin@y audio artists, musicians, and spoken word
      artists from any region, and in all styles and
      languages(please include English translations, though,
      if not in Pilipino). To arrange to send recordings,
      please contact me directly at:
      ROOTSKPFA@...
      and please put "Musika Promos for Pilipino Ourstory"

      If you would like to arrange PROMOTIONAL product or
      ticket giveaways on our broadcast, please contact me
      with "Promo Giveaways for Pilipino Special" in the
      subject line.

      We are also seeking contributions toward production
      costs, as well as food and drink donations to support
      the volunteers for this produksyon.
      We will thank all contributors on the air.

      VOLUNTEERS FOR THE LIVE BROADCAST

      If you would like to participate as a VOLUNTEER the
      day of the broadcast,
      send me an e-mail with "Volunteering for Pilipino
      Radio Special" on the SUBJECT line.

      RADYO(RADYO) PRODUKSYON(PRODUCTION) KRU(CREW)

      And if you would like to join our Pilipino Produksyon
      Kru and get hands-on experience in working on an
      important radio production, tell us if you can commit
      to our weekly PRODUKSYON MEETINGS AND
      TRAININGS/WORKSHOPS in San Francisco and/or Berkeley.

      We will be training kru members in using microphones,
      minidisc recorders, and digital editing to produce
      interviews, celebrity station id's("drops"), and more.
      We will also be training to work as a unit, as a
      production team. Some of us will also learn about
      Board Operation, PSA preparation/scripting
      announcements for broadcast, and announcing. If you
      are interested in joining the Produksyon Kru, please
      send your message with "About joining Produksyon Kru"
      in the subject line.

      KOMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS (PSA's)

      Finally, KULTURAL and Non-profit kommunity
      organizations are invited to send PSA's(Public Service
      Announcements) to us at: PilipinoUnityDay@...
      If you have questions about format and necessary info,
      just let us know that when you write to us. Deadline
      for PSA submissions is Linggo/Sunday, 24 Oktubre.

      We will broadcast live, on the air, from KPFA FM 94.1
      in Berkeley and KFCF 88.1 FM Fresno, as well as via
      internet audiostreaming from www.kpfa.org and
      www.kfcf.org .
      Our internet audience is growing, and folks who have
      high-speed connections can get a pretty good feed
      online.

      Please spread the word that we'll be on the air with
      "PILIPINO OURSTORY"
      Hwebes/Thursday, 28 Oktubre, 2004
      8:00 PM Pacific Time (until 12midnight)
      on www.kpfa.org // KPFA~FM 94.1