FW: CALL for VIETNAMESE WOMEN ARTISTS!!!

  • ksw
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2004
      ----------
      From: Wei Ming Dariotis <dariotis@...>
      Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 09:37:53 -0700
      To: ksw@...
      Subject: Fwd: CALL for VIETNAMESE WOMEN ARTISTS!!!

      Hi--
      Can you guys forward this to KSW artists?
      wm

      >OPEN CALL FOR VIETNAMESE WOMEN ARTISTS OR WOMEN ARTISTS WITH WORK ABOUT
      >VIETNAM
      >
      >Cô VN (Creating Opportunities in Vietnam) is a new non-profit organization
      >with a mission of improving the quality of life of disadvantaged women in
      >Vietnam. Cô VN encourages, teaches and fosters entrepreneurship with a
      >goal of reducing poverty, raising income, and generating self-reliance
      >among women in Vietnam. Our services consist of three components: (i)
      >training and mentoring; (ii) information; and (iii) funding.
      >
      >Cô VN selects recipients who demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit,
      >capability and strong ethics, who have difficulty obtaining access to
      >capital. Recipients will receive training, coaching, mentoring,
      >information and funding to start or expand their businesses. In turn, the
      >recipients trained by Cô VN are encouraged to share their success with
      >others, thereby perpetuating the Cô VN model.
      >
      >For our inaugural event, we are hosting an art exhibit on Saturday, August
      >7th, 2004 at Stanford University. The exhibit will include visual arts for
      >display with performance arts interspersed throughout the event. We are
      >looking to build support for our cause and also help promote existing and
      >emerging artists.
      >
      >We are seeking submissions of finished, original artwork by Vietnamese
      >American women or women who have created artwork about Vietnam. Visual,
      >literary, performance (expressive) artists are invited. Visual art can be
      >2D or 3D, but must be suitable for a gallery event.
      >
      >Works in the exhibition will be sold by arrangement with Cô VN. Future
      >plans include promoting the works for sale on a continuous basis in
      >locations throughout the Silicon Valley. Visual and literary artists will
      >have their work printed and sold by independent and local bookstore retailers.
      >
      >There is no exhibition fee. Submission (postmark) deadline is May 15th, 2004.
      >
      >You can submit your work via the following methods:
      >- Send digital photos or electronic copy of your work to info@....
      >- Mail photos, copies, tapes of work to:
      >CôVN Artist Open Call
      >3641 South Court
      >Palo Alto, CA 94306
      >
      >Include a SASE if you would like your submission materials returned.
      >
      >Submissions should include a project information sheet including:
      >- Artist’s name, phone, and email contact information
      >- Title and date of work, type of media
      >- Dimensions of work
      >- Description of work (up to 250 words)
      >
      >More info on Cô VN, please email info@...

      Wei Ming Dariotis
      Assistant Professor
      Asian American Studies
      San Francisco State University
      dariotis@...
      http://online.sfsu.edu/~dariotis
      Below are the organizations I support.
      Please visit their websites and find out why.
      Hapa Issues Forum
      www.hapaissuesforum.org
      Kearny Street Workshop
      www.kearnystreet.org
      Asian American Theater Company
      www.asianamericantheater.org
      Asian American Women Artists Association
      www.aawaaart.com