FW: {maganda magazine} Call Out for Submissions

  • Samantha Chanse
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      maganda magazine: issue 17

      Renaissance?

      Are we at a point of a rebirth of culture, movement, language, religion,
      expression, art and political revolution?

      SUBMISSION DEADLINE:

      MONDAY, DECEMBER 1ST, 2003

      Maganda is a student-run academic publication inviting provocative
      poetry/fiction/artwork/audio/visuals that inflame critical thought and
      dynamism of Pilipino and Pilipino-American experiences.

      We welcome diverse materials that explode off the page and move our readers
      to interpret and challenge the contemporary world of today. We seek
      submissions for issue seventeen that imaginatively explore the theme,
      Renaissance?

      Please submit to:

      submit@...

      or

      Maganda Magazine
      University of California, Berkeley
      10 Eshleman Hall
      Berkeley, CA 94720

      Please Include:

      ' Contact Information (Name, address, phone, email)

      ' Brief Biography (no more than 150 words)

      ' Cover Letter

      Please send no originals.

      Please refer to the following categories for specific guidelines:

      EMAIL

      Email submissions (at the address above) should be in Microsoft Word (for
      literary submissions), or jpeg format (for visual submissions) at screen
      resolution (72 dpi, at a size large enough to get the full concept across).
      Please do not zip or compress files beyond saving them as jpegs.

      PRINT, SLIDES
      Please send only duplicates of slides, regular 4x6 prints or color copies.

      LARGE ARTWORK
      Should be documented and submitted as slides or emailed jpegs.

      ILLUSTRATION, DIGITAL ART
      Please send us color copies or printouts, photos or emailed jpegs.

      VIDEO
      Send us a VHS tape (US format only please) with a synopsis.

      WEB, ONLINE PORTFOLIOS
      Send us the URL or color printouts of the work.

      AUDIO
      Please send work in mp3 format and a printout of the material/lyrics.

      WORK ON CD
      If possible, please also include a printout of the material stored on the
      CD.

      * If your submission is chosen, we will contact you for a higher resolution
      image. Please include contact information with your submissions.

      ** If you would like to submit anything anonymously, please put an asterisk
      (*) after your name in your contact information.

      For more information on maganda and its previous issues please visit:
      www.magandamagazine.org