[ksw-next] Help support Asian American Creative Music

  • Jeff Chan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hello all,

      As you might have heard, Asian Improv Records has
      received its first Grammy nomination for "Anthony
      Brown's Asian American Orchestra performs
      Ellington-Strayhorn's Far East Suite"!!!

      A major factor that goes into winning this award is
      name recognition. If Asian Improv Records wins this
      award, it can lead to greater recognition of the
      label, perhaps even a distribution deal, which means
      that you can find AIR titles in the stores.

      To help, call up the radio stations below, and make
      requests for Asian American Orchestra performs the Far
      East Suite. Call several times if you like. There
      are both Bay Area and LA stations listed below.

      Thanks for your help and support!!!

      Jeff Chan
      Asian Improv Records

      San Francisco
      KALW - (415)841-4121
      KPOO - (415)346-5373

      East Bay
      KALX - (510)642-1111 or 2111
      KPFA - (510)848-6767

      South Bay
      KCSM - (650)574-6585
      KSJS - (408)924-KSJS
      KZSU - (650)723-4839
      KFJC - (650)941-2500

      Southern California
      KCRW - (310)450-5183
      KPFK - (818)985-2711
      KLON - (562)985-5566

      =====
      Jeff Chan
      e-mail: jfchan@...
      website: http://home.earthlink.net/~jfchan/
      suggested listening: Anthony Brown's Asian American Orchestra presents Ellington-Strayhorn's Far East Suite (Asian Improv Records 0053). This album has been nominated for a Grammy!
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • R G
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2000
        congradulations, jeff. that's terrific news.It looks
        like I have a reason to be paying attention to the
        grammy awards this year! (remember back in the day
        when Public Enemy said: "Who gives a fuck about a
        goddammed Grammy!?") - even the nomination is alot of
        recognition for AIR. -of course winning will be all
        the more.

        take care

        Russell (Gonzaga)

        http://click.egroups.com/1/993/0/_/71474/_/949392902/