FW: TENTACLE: Short Films and Videos wanted for Independent Exposure

  • Kearny Street Workshop
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      ----
      KEARNY STREET WORKSHOP (KSW) - ksw@...; ph/fax 415.503.0520
      934 Brannan St.; SF, CA 94103 - http://www.kearnystreet.org
      Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 1 - 6 PM

      PLEASE JOIN US FOR:
      KSW-NEXT SALON WITH CULTURE JAMMER PRATAP CHATTERJEE
      (meetings of by for apa artists aged 18-35)
      Tuesday, April 9; 7 - 9 PM
      De Young Art Center, 2501 Irving (@26th Ave.)

      KSW-NEXT WORKSHOP: HOW TO SUBMIT WORK TO APATURE
      (meetings of by for apa artists aged 18 - 35)
      Wednesday, May 1; 7 - 9 PM
      SomArts, 934 Brannan St. (@ 9th St.)

      APAture CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS OPENS APRIL 1, 2002!
      please email KSW after April 1 for a submission form.

      ----------
      From: Laughing Squid <architeuthis@...>
      Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 09:11:17 -0800
      To: tentaclelist@...
      Subject: TENTACLE: Short Films and Videos wanted for Independent Exposure

      ----> The Tentacle List <-----------------------------------------------

      Short Films and Videos wanted for Independent Exposure

      Independent Exposure - A Monthly Microcinema Screening Program of
      International Short Films, Videos and Digital Works

      The Independent Exposure microcinema-screening program began in 1996 in
      Seattle and was held every month until October of 2001. During that time,
      Independent Exposure presented the short film, video and digital works of
      over 700 artists from all over the world. The program also has been
      presented hundreds of times throughout the International Microcinema
      Network maintained in 32 countries and Antarctica!

      2002 is the seventh season of Independent Exposure, and will be based out
      of its new home at the 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco, CA with a
      complementary satellite screening series at the Firestation #3 in Houston,
      TX. We want to show your work to audiences throughout the world, so please
      submit your tape(s) now!

      Independent Exposure - Call for Works and Distribution through Exhibition
      Information

      NO DEADLINE NO ENTRY FEE NO FORMS

      For our Independent Exposure compilation series we accept short video, film
      and digital-media submissions of 15 minutes or less. All genres, all
      styles, all formats, all the time!

      We are currently looking for narrative, humorous, dramatic, animation,
      experimental, alternative, avant-garde, erotic, and underground works.
      There is NO entry fee so please submit a VHS (NTSC, PAL, or SECAM), mini-DV
      (NTSC only) or DVD (NTSC only) clearly labeled with name, title, length,
      phone-number and email. Please include any supporting materials including
      photos! (preferably in digital format). Due to the large amount of
      entries, we are unable to return your submission but we will get back to
      you regarding your submission(s)!

      Microcinema will contact you before including any entry at its monthly
      Independent Exposure screening in San Francisco and/or Houston. All
      artists will be paid an honorarium when their work is screened in the San
      Francisco show. Artists also will qualify for a non-exclusive Microcinema
      Distribution through Exhibition Agreement for subsequent international
      screenings. Microcinema pays its artists royalties for screenings, TV
      broadcast, VHS/DVD and Internet sales. If we make money, the artists make
      money!

      Send submissions to:

      Joel S. Bachar
      Microcinema International
      531 Utah Street
      San Francisco, CA 94110 USA
      Info/details: +1-415-864-0660
      info@...
      www.microcinema.com

      ----> Contact Info <----------------------------------------------------

      info@...
      415-864-0660
      http://www.microcinema.com

      ----> The Tentacle List Admin <-----------------------------------------

      The Tentacle List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
      http://www.laughingsquid.org/tentacle/

      To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your preferences:

      Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidlines
      The Tentacle List FAQ: http://www.laughingsquid.org/tentacle/faq.html

      ----> Laughing Squid <--------------------------------------------------

      Laughing Squid
      http://www.laughingsquid.org

      Underground art and culture from San Francisco and beyond!

      Laughing Squid Web Hosting
      http://www.laughingsquid.net

      Laughing Squid is an independently owned and operated web hosting
      service that specializes in web hosting for artists, individuals,
      non-profits and small organizations. We are here for those website
      owners and developers who often get lost in the faceless void of
      corporate web hosting.

      Copyright (c) 2002 Laughing Squid LLC. All rights reserved.