4913Root Division Seeks Volunteer Art Teachers

  • Lisa Leong
    Nov 30, 2009

    VOLUNTEER TO TEACH ART TO YOUTH

    Want to get some great teaching experience?**

    Enjoy working with youth?

    Root Division, an arts & education non-profit organization in San Francisco, is currently seeking volunteers to teach one hour art classes in one of our partner elementary or middle school after-school programs. Sessions are six weeks long, and classes are held once a week in the afternoons. You pick the day that works best for you, AND you get to choose what types of projects you want to teach.  We help you put together lesson plans and gain valuable experience running your own class. Your small gift of time & creativity has a big impact on these young children, especially since many of them don’t have art in their schools.

    If interested, please send an email to: youthed@....

    For more information about Root Division, go to www.rootdivision.org.

    **Volunteers need to be 21 years of age OR have some previous experience working with groups of children.