4911Call For Films - 2010 QWOCFF
- Nov 30, 2009
CALL FOR FILMS from Queer Women of Color Filmmakers For our
"TWO-SPIRITS: RECLAIMING REMEMBERANCE"
screening at the
6th Annual Queer Women of Color Film Festival
Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project (QWOCMAP) invites Two-Spirit First Nations, American Indian, Native American, Indígenas and indigenous people of the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Pacific Islands who are queer women of color to submit short films to our 6th annual Queer Women of Color Film Festival, to be held June 11-13, 2010 at the Brava Theater, in San Francisco.
Before Columbus arrived in the Americas, Two-Spirits: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender Native Americans were revered and honored in their cultures as ambassadors, treaty negotiators and spiritual leaders. Colonists also forced themselves into our ancestral homes in Africa, Asia and the Pacific Islands. Our powerful and tender stories were forcibly silenced, but today they can heal our communities while putting a different spin on notions like “traditional values” and issues like same-sex marriage and immigration. So send us your stories of credence, creation and creative resistance. Send us stories that allow us to remember the truth and hope for justice and love.
Click here for more information about QWOCMAP SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. Films MUST be made by a First Nations, American Indian/Native American, Indígena or indigenous queer woman of color filmmaker.
2. Year of completion must be between 2007 and 2010.
3. Film must be under 15 minutes.
4. Complete the Festival Entry Form below.
5. Submit a VHS (NTSC) or DVD (Region 1) preview copy of your film/video. These items will be archived and will not be returned.
6. Include a CD of high-resolution stills (300 dpi).
7. Final exhibition format must be on Mini-DV (standard definition) tape.
DEADLINE: 5pm, Friday, December 31st, 2009
(to be RECEIVED in our QWOCMAP office)
Mail items to:
2010 Queer Women of Color Film Festival
59 Cook Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
FESTIVAL ENTRY FORM
Please attach this form with the preview copy of your film, along with a CD of stills, Press Kit and any other promotional materials.
Name of Filmmaker:
Full Mailing Address:
1. Title of Film, Total Running Time, Year of Completion
2. Synopsis of Film (one sentence, 15 to 20 words)
3. Filmmaker Biography (one sentence, 15 to 20 words)
4. How do you envision your film fitting within the context of our Festival Focus on Two-Spirits?
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Remove Me" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Remove Me Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project
59 Cook Street
San Francisco CA 94118
Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.