4911Call For Films - 2010 QWOCFF

  • Lisa Leong
    Nov 30, 2009

      Click to view this email in a browser

      CALL FOR FILMS from Queer Women of Color Filmmakers

      For our
      "TWO-SPIRITS: RECLAIMING REMEMBERANCE"
      screening at the
      6th Annual Queer Women of Color Film Festival

      Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project (QWOCMAP) invites Two-Spirit First Nations, American Indian, Native American, Indígenas and indigenous people of the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Pacific Islands who are queer women of color to submit short films to our 6th annual Queer Women of Color Film Festival, to be held June 11-13, 2010 at the Brava Theater, in San Francisco.

      Before Columbus arrived in the Americas, Two-Spirits: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender Native Americans were revered and honored in their cultures as ambassadors, treaty negotiators and spiritual leaders. Colonists also forced themselves into our ancestral homes in Africa, Asia and the Pacific Islands. Our powerful and tender stories were forcibly silenced, but today they can heal our communities while putting a different spin on notions like “traditional values” and issues like same-sex marriage and immigration. So send us your stories of credence, creation and creative resistance. Send us stories that allow us to remember the truth and hope for justice and love.

      Click here for more information about QWOCMAP

      SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

      1. Films MUST be made by a First Nations, American Indian/Native American, Indígena or indigenous queer woman of color filmmaker.

      2. Year of completion must be between 2007 and 2010.

      3. Film must be under 15 minutes.

      4. Complete the Festival Entry Form below.

      5. Submit a VHS (NTSC) or DVD (Region 1) preview copy of your film/video. These items will be archived and will not be returned.

      6. Include a CD of high-resolution stills (300 dpi).

      7. Final exhibition format must be on Mini-DV (standard definition) tape.

      DEADLINE: 5pm, Friday, December 31st, 2009
      (to be RECEIVED in our QWOCMAP office)

      Mail items to:
      2010 Queer Women of Color Film Festival
      c/o QWOCMAP
      59 Cook Street
      San Francisco, CA 94118
      U.S.A.

      Contact:
      Liliana Hueso
      Program Manager
      festival@...
      415.752.0868
      www.qwocmap.org

      FESTIVAL ENTRY FORM

      Please attach this form with the preview copy of your film, along with a CD of stills, Press Kit and any other promotional materials.

      Name of Filmmaker:

      Race/Ethnicity:

      Nationality:

      Gender:

      Sexual Orientation:

      Full Mailing Address:

      Email Address:

      Phone Number:

      1. Title of Film, Total Running Time, Year of Completion

      2. Synopsis of Film (one sentence, 15 to 20 words)

      3. Filmmaker Biography (one sentence, 15 to 20 words)

      4. How do you envision your film fitting within the context of our Festival Focus on Two-Spirits?

      If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Remove Me" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Remove Me
      Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project
      QWOCMAP
      59 Cook Street
      San Francisco CA 94118

      Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!