Re: [ksurfschool] The Bean?

  • Mark Frasier
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Hung Vu" <hungvu@...>
      To: <ksurfschool@egroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 2:23 AM
      Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] The Bean?

      > Thanks Mark for the "novella".
      >
      > I found the web site from some leads on rec.kites
      > http://www.stuntkites.nl and could not understand a word said on the
      > site. I have a friend in Germany and will ask him to translate for me.

      I'm not sure your German friend will be able to help, I think Dutch is
      related to German but still different. I took a year of German in College
      and I don't think I recognised a single word on the site :) But if it does
      work out, let me know so I can my native German friend to translate for me!

      I tried using the translator at http://www.intertran.net , which does Dutch
      to English, and it sometimes works well enough to get the gist of what's
      being said.

      > It looks like I am going for the Bean 13 for the next summer light wind
      > days (either make one or buy one if anybody has one to sell; I was
      > thinking of the C-Quad 12.5 but always concern about packability of the
      > larger C-quad).

      In my opinion, the power of a Bean 3.6 is the same as or maybe a speck less
      than a 3.2 C Quad, so if you're looking for something as powerful as a 12.5
      CQ, maybe you should scale it up to 14.

      > Maybe with Bean 13, I can plan at 5 knots with my 5'9" Clam Sandwich
      > such that I can sell my FOne 230 board ...
      >
      > P.S. As far as I tried, nothing relaunch in 5 knots so why stuck with
      > water relaunchable kite?
      >
      > Hung.
    • Mike Berends
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
        Hi Hung,

        It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
        still read the language.

        I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
        handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.

        Let me know,
        Mike Berends

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
          Mike Berends wrote:
          > It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
          > still read the language.
          >
          > I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
          > handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.

          Thanks Mike,

          Mark was right, my German friend cannot read the site (I was always
          under the impression that people within that region speak 3 or 4
          different languages of the region - e.g., Switzerland has 3 official
          languages)

          I tried http://www.intertran.net/ and it makes me even more "curious"

          It would be great if you can give the Bean 13 web page a quick try:
          http://www.stuntkites.nl/beanextra/bean13.html (especially the portion
          of the text that has a reference to the Naish 15m2)

          Thanks,

          Hung.
        • Mike Berends
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
            Hi Hung,

            It might take a few days but I'll get it translated for you. I'll email it to you
            and all the other people on the list for everyone to read.

            Mike

            Hung Vu wrote:

            > Mike Berends wrote:
            > > It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
            > > still read the language.
            > >
            > > I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
            > > handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.
            >
            > Thanks Mike,
            >
            > Mark was right, my German friend cannot read the site (I was always
            > under the impression that people within that region speak 3 or 4
            > different languages of the region - e.g., Switzerland has 3 official
            > languages)
            >
            > I tried http://www.intertran.net/ and it makes me even more "curious"
            >
            > It would be great if you can give the Bean 13 web page a quick try:
            > http://www.stuntkites.nl/beanextra/bean13.html (especially the portion
            > of the text that has a reference to the Naish 15m2)
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Hung.
          • Mark Frasier
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001