Re: [ksurfschool] The Bean?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2001
      Thanks Mark for the "novella".

      I found the web site from some leads on rec.kites
      http://www.stuntkites.nl and could not understand a word said on the
      site. I have a friend in Germany and will ask him to translate for me.

      It looks like I am going for the Bean 13 for the next summer light wind
      days (either make one or buy one if anybody has one to sell; I was
      thinking of the C-Quad 12.5 but always concern about packability of the
      larger C-quad).

      Maybe with Bean 13, I can plan at 5 knots with my 5'9" Clam Sandwich
      such that I can sell my FOne 230 board ...

      P.S. As far as I tried, nothing relaunch in 5 knots so why stuck with
      water relaunchable kite?

      Hung.

      Mark Frasier wrote:

> [...]
    • Mark Frasier
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
          Hi Hung,

          It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
          still read the language.

          I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
          handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.

          Let me know,
          Mike Berends

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
            Mike Berends wrote:
            > It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
            > still read the language.
            >
            > I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
            > handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.

            Thanks Mike,

            Mark was right, my German friend cannot read the site (I was always
            under the impression that people within that region speak 3 or 4
            different languages of the region - e.g., Switzerland has 3 official
            languages)

            I tried http://www.intertran.net/ and it makes me even more "curious"

            It would be great if you can give the Bean 13 web page a quick try:
            http://www.stuntkites.nl/beanextra/bean13.html (especially the portion
            of the text that has a reference to the Naish 15m2)

            Thanks,

            Hung.
          • Mike Berends
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
              Hi Hung,

              It might take a few days but I'll get it translated for you. I'll email it to you
              and all the other people on the list for everyone to read.

              Mike

              Hung Vu wrote:

              > Mike Berends wrote:
              > > It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
              > > still read the language.
              > >
              > > I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
              > > handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.
              >
              > Thanks Mike,
              >
              > Mark was right, my German friend cannot read the site (I was always
              > under the impression that people within that region speak 3 or 4
              > different languages of the region - e.g., Switzerland has 3 official
              > languages)
              >
              > I tried http://www.intertran.net/ and it makes me even more "curious"
              >
              > It would be great if you can give the Bean 13 web page a quick try:
              > http://www.stuntkites.nl/beanextra/bean13.html (especially the portion
              > of the text that has a reference to the Naish 15m2)
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Hung.
            • Mark Frasier
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001