[ksurfschool] Canary Island

  • Ariel Mas
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2000
      Does anybody know about Kitesurfing ( schools, banned areas, ...) in Tenerife and Gran Canaria?

      Thanks to all
    • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2000
        Hi,
        unfortunately I do not know much about kitesurfing in Tenerife or Lanzarote.
        Even though there are probably a few good location, these islands are not renown
        for their watersports, more for their party atmosphere.

        I have been to Fueterventura on a few occasions and this is the Canary island
        where you want to go. There is a beach called flag beach which is very famous
        for world championship speed windsurfing. The conditions are ideal. Very long
        sandy beach with a huge lagoon that is always flat. It is on the East coast
        about 3/4 of the way south. You can also catch a ferry to the island from
        Tenerife as they are very near to each other.

        I am hoping to go again, this time taking my kite surfing equipment. It is
        ideal for learning and there is always wind, hence it's not extremely popular
        with people wanting to sun bathe.

        This is the place for all water sports especially Windsurfing and kitesurfing.
        I hope this helps
        Martyn

        arielmas@... on 13-Mar-2000 20:39

        Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

        To: ksurfschool
        cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
        Subject: [ksurfschool] Canary Island

        Does anybody know about Kitesurfing ( schools, banned areas, ...) in Tenerife
        and Gran Canaria?

        Thanks to all

        Install today:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/5/_/60094/_/952980089/