The Bean?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 13, 2001
      Anybody know anything about his kite. It's looks like an "easily
      packable" C-quad with higher aspect ratio.

      I flew it for a few seconds and was somewhat impressed.

      P.S. I can ask the owner directly; however, I may not get an objective
      response ;-)

      Hung.
    • Mark Frasier
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 13, 2001
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 15, 2001
          Thanks Mark for the "novella".

          I found the web site from some leads on rec.kites
          http://www.stuntkites.nl and could not understand a word said on the
          site. I have a friend in Germany and will ask him to translate for me.

          It looks like I am going for the Bean 13 for the next summer light wind
          days (either make one or buy one if anybody has one to sell; I was
          thinking of the C-Quad 12.5 but always concern about packability of the
          larger C-quad).

          Maybe with Bean 13, I can plan at 5 knots with my 5'9" Clam Sandwich
          such that I can sell my FOne 230 board ...

          P.S. As far as I tried, nothing relaunch in 5 knots so why stuck with
          water relaunchable kite?

          Hung.

          Mark Frasier wrote:

> [...]
        • Mark Frasier
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
              Hi Hung,

              It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
              still read the language.

              I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
              handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.

              Let me know,
              Mike Berends

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
                Mike Berends wrote:
                > It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
                > still read the language.
                >
                > I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
                > handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.

                Thanks Mike,

                Mark was right, my German friend cannot read the site (I was always
                under the impression that people within that region speak 3 or 4
                different languages of the region - e.g., Switzerland has 3 official
                languages)

                I tried http://www.intertran.net/ and it makes me even more "curious"

                It would be great if you can give the Bean 13 web page a quick try:
                http://www.stuntkites.nl/beanextra/bean13.html (especially the portion
                of the text that has a reference to the Naish 15m2)

                Thanks,

                Hung.
              • Mike Berends
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001
                  Hi Hung,

                  It might take a few days but I'll get it translated for you. I'll email it to you
                  and all the other people on the list for everyone to read.

                  Mike

                  Hung Vu wrote:

                  > Mike Berends wrote:
                  > > It just so happens that I'm Dutch.....I moved here when i was young but can
                  > > still read the language.
                  > >
                  > > I'll try my best to translate it for you if you need me to. Whatever I can't
                  > > handle I'm sure that my parents can fill in the rest.
                  >
                  > Thanks Mike,
                  >
                  > Mark was right, my German friend cannot read the site (I was always
                  > under the impression that people within that region speak 3 or 4
                  > different languages of the region - e.g., Switzerland has 3 official
                  > languages)
                  >
                  > I tried http://www.intertran.net/ and it makes me even more "curious"
                  >
                  > It would be great if you can give the Bean 13 web page a quick try:
                  > http://www.stuntkites.nl/beanextra/bean13.html (especially the portion
                  > of the text that has a reference to the Naish 15m2)
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Hung.
                • Mark Frasier
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 16, 2001