Re: [ksurfschool] ARX.......

  • kiteboard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2001
      In a message dated 1/4/01 1:58:12 PM Pacific Standard Time, ryansurf1@...
      writes:

      << I imagine it would be hard
      to get just about any kite out of the water in wind under 10 mph,
      especially with so much area lying on the water. Does the leading
      edge collapse and allow the kite to fold onto itself. I heard the
      Wipi 16 leading edge is stronger and doesn't collapse? >>

      I've waterlaunched my 13.5AR5 in under 10 knots, even underinflated, with the
      LE collapsing, but once airborne it still doesn't seem to give me much more
      low wind riding range than my 7.5
      I find it strange that you didn't mention the very important variables of
      your weight, & whether your 9.0 is 4-lined. Even more strange that they
      responded without even asking you about either of those factors.

      << ARX are 4% more than AR5. >>

      4% more what? Cost? Weight? Projected area? "Total" area? In any case, 4%
      seems pretty insignificant.