RE: [ksurfschool] Re: kite tuning CAUTION: 600LB BACK LINES ONLY! !

  • Farnsworth, Kenny
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2000
      Ryan,

      I recommend waiting for the new crop of 2001 kites. The new Naish AR-X and
      Wipika VARC kites will have higher aspect ratios on the larger kites. The
      reason the 15.5 AR-5 is so slow is due to the relatively low aspect ratio
      for such a large kite. The Wipika 16.0 has a higher aspect ratio of 6 and
      is more responsive, so if you are going buy a big kite right away then it is
      the best choice today. I personally am excited about the 17.5 AR-X and the
      16.4 Air Blast.