A family sport!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2000
      Kitesurfing is not quite a family sport and having kids, I always feel
      somewhat "guilty" about that.

      However, kiteskiing is a family sport. I went out yesterday kiteskiing
      and towing my kids behind me on a toboggan.

      The next step is to tow them on their own skis (or they use their own
      kites).

      P.S. I went out today in 12 - 25 knots (23 -51 kph on Accuweather) with
      my New Wave 4.9 (the wind normally good for me to kitesurf with the 4.9
      and I can feel it with the kite straight overhead). However, on skis, I
      was WAY overpowered and years of skiing experience has helped me from
      getting hurt. Being overpowered on skis is not something for the faint
      of heart...

      P.P.S. I glad I "discovered" kiteskiing as winter used to mean
      non-sailing season for me, now it seems to mean sailing whenever I have
      time :-) Not to mention the money saved from lift tickets...