[ksurfschool] Relaunchables vs Foils

  • ALAN RICHARD COLE
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2000
      Hello everyone.
      As you all probably know by now, I started kiting at Xmas with a 2.8m Mk
      II Predator foil. I've been using it with a mountain board, and now want to
      start kite-surfing. Therefore, I'm going to need a bigger kite, so I want
      to know how a foil compares to a similarly sized inflatable such as the
      Naish or Wipika.
      My Predator seems pretty powerful compared to other foils I've flown (more
      powerful than the larger Spider Modulus 38, and more powerful than a
      Skytiger), and I was thinking of getting a larger predator (5.3m).
      Judging by the size of relaunchable kites that most people use, I would
      assume that a 7m relaunchable wouldn't be as powerful as a good 7m foil..Is
      this right?...I know I certainly wouldn't want to fly a 7m Predator in
      anything but a V.gentle breeze!

      Al.
      Earn money while you surf the web:
      http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ILD406
      Earn money while you use your computer:
      http://www.DesktopDollars.com/default.asp?id=arc94@...
      http://www.getpaid4.com/?justal

      Alan R. Cole
      Postgraduate Research Student
      Institute of Geography and Earth Studies
      University of Wales
      Aberystwyth
      Ceredigion
      SY23 3DB