Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

[ksurfschool] Re: Sv: Boards

Expand Messages
  • Hung Vu
    ... It all depends on the wind condition. If you have 5-15 knots most of the time, go for a bigger board (210 - 240cm). If you have 15+ knots most of the
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2000
    • 0 Attachment
      > Sounds Ok! I would might considder a smaller size! around 6'6''. You are
      > going to find the 210cm rather big when you have got the grip of
      > kitesurfing. Weight is very important.. 5 fins are overkill in my view. 2 or
      > 3 will do fine.

      It all depends on the wind condition. If you have 5-15 knots most of the time, go for a bigger
      board (210 - 240cm). If you have 15+ knots most of the time, go for a smaller board (180 - 210cm),
      and for 20+ knots most of the time go for a wake board with binding (150 - 180cm).

      > > I don't know much about the the bottom shape (concaves, channels etc) or
      > > how much tail and nose rocker to have. Does anyone have any ideas?

      Flat bottom seems to be the better choice.

      Hung.
    • ALAN RICHARD COLE
      Thanks for the info...I m taking note of it all. As I am also a windsurfer, then maybe the longer option would be better as if the wind gets above 15kts then I
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2000
      • 0 Attachment
        Thanks for the info...I'm taking note of it all. As I am also a windsurfer,
        then maybe the longer option would be better as if the wind gets above
        15kts then I can always windsurf.

        Al.

        At 08:42 22/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
        >> Sounds Ok! I would might considder a smaller size! around 6'6''. You are
        >> going to find the 210cm rather big when you have got the grip of
        >> kitesurfing. Weight is very important.. 5 fins are overkill in my view.
        2 or
        >> 3 will do fine.
        >
        >It all depends on the wind condition. If you have 5-15 knots most of the
        time, go for a bigger
        >board (210 - 240cm). If you have 15+ knots most of the time, go for a
        smaller board (180 - 210cm),
        >and for 20+ knots most of the time go for a wake board with binding (150 -
        180cm).
        >
        >> > I don't know much about the the bottom shape (concaves, channels etc) or
        >> > how much tail and nose rocker to have. Does anyone have any ideas?
        >
        >Flat bottom seems to be the better choice.
        >
        >Hung.
        >
        >------------------------------------------------------------------------
        >GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 0.0%
        >Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW!
        >http://click.egroups.com/1/911/5/_/60094/_/951226996/
        >
        >eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ksurfschool/
        >http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications
        >
        >
        >
        >
        ****************************************
        Alan R. Cole
        Postgraduate Research Student
        Institute of Geography and Earth Studies
        University of Wales
        Aberystwyth
        Ceredigion
        SY23 3DB
        (01970) 621523 Daytime only
        (07974) 392605 24 hr.
        ****************************************
      • Hung Vu
        Alan, ... Just a little warning . I had been thinking along the same line until I found out that I no longer has the strength to pull the down haul on my
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2000
        • 0 Attachment
          Alan,

          ALAN RICHARD COLE wrote:
          > Thanks for the info...I'm taking note of it all. As I am also a windsurfer,
          > then maybe the longer option would be better as if the wind gets above
          > 15kts then I can always windsurf.

          Just a little "warning". I had been thinking along the same line until I found out that I no longer
          has the "strength" to pull the down haul on my windsurfing rig and the "strength" to carry the
          windsurfing equipment to the water ;-)

          I am now selecting a new 150 - 165cm wake board as my high-wind kiteboard for this season.

          Hung.
        • gibsotho
          Second hand Wipi s including lines and standard control bar, all prices are 50 off the recommened retail price.
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2000
          • 0 Attachment
            Second hand Wipi's including lines and standard control bar, all prices are 50 off the recommened retail
            price.

            Hung Vu wrote:

            > Alan,
            >
            > ALAN RICHARD COLE wrote:
            > > Thanks for the info...I'm taking note of it all. As I am also a windsurfer,
            > > then maybe the longer option would be better as if the wind gets above
            > > 15kts then I can always windsurf.
            >
            > Just a little "warning". I had been thinking along the same line until I found out that I no longer
            > has the "strength" to pull the down haul on my windsurfing rig and the "strength" to carry the
            > windsurfing equipment to the water ;-)
            >
            > I am now selecting a new 150 - 165cm wake board as my high-wind kiteboard for this season.
            >
            > Hung.
            >
            > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
            > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
            > Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
            > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
            > you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
            > http://click.egroups.com/1/914/5/_/60094/_/951232028/
            >
            > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ksurfschool
            > http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.