[ksurfschool] Boards

  • ALAN RICHARD COLE
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2000
      Hello,
      I'm about to get myself a kite-board, and for economy sake, I think I will
      get one shaped by a friend of mine who is a surfboard shaper.
      I've already spoken to him about the differences between a kiteboard and a
      standard surfboard, and these are the general dimensions I've given him:

      Length: 210cm
      Width: about 40cm (is this too narrow?)
      Wide point just behind the mid point.
      Rails: sharp at back, softening towards the nose (but remaining sharp
      beyond the mid-point).
      Footstraps: 3 footstrap set up, with the back of the front straps at about
      the mid-point of the board.
      Fins: five fin set-up to allow adjustment. Fins further forward than on a
      normal surf-board.
      I've asked for a stronger construction than normal...what weight cloth etc.
      would epople recommend? And I want windsurf style eckpads to protect
      against heel dents.

      I don't know much about the the bottom shape (concaves, channels etc) or
      how much tail and nose rocker to have. Does anyone have any ideas?

      Do these specifications sound about right..Any comments would be welcomed
      and taken aboard (excuse the pun!)

      Cheers,
      Al.

      Alan R. Cole
      Postgraduate Research Student
      Institute of Geography and Earth Studies
      University of Wales
      Aberystwyth
      Ceredigion
      SY23 3DB
      (01970) 621523 Daytime only
      (07974) 392605 24 hr.
    • ALAN RICHARD COLE
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2000
        Anyone know anything about Stonker kiteboards from Axel Air?? Can you get
        them in the UK? how much do they cost (UK pounds). Where can I egt them
        from. Are they any good??