4-line Free Air

  • Fredrik Hindsberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
      Hi everyone!

      I recently bought a 11.5 m2 Wipika Free Air and I am very satisfied with it.
      I am thinking about using it in a 4-line mode, and have seen some
      information on how to convert it. But I wonder if anyone here have done it
      and have any tips on how to get the most out of it.
      I read the tip about connecting the main lines to the midpoint of the bar,
      is that the best way to do it?

      Regards,
      Fredrik
    • Farnsworth, Kenny
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
        Fredrik,

        I converted my 11.0 Wipika Free Air to 4-lines. It is very easy to do. 1.
        remove the bridle lines. 2. roll up the edges and use the built-in velcro
        to hold them in place. 3. I recommend buying a 4 line bar. My personal
        preference is the Air Rush Bar. You will have a lot more range with the
        kite once you have made the conversion.

        _________
      • kiteboard@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
          In a message dated 00-12-07 11:02:15 EST, kenny@... writes:

          << I recommend buying a 4 line bar. >>

          Some locals here have been breaking even stock bars at the hole. You might
          want to consider getting the Ken Winner kit from www.NorthShoreInc.com since
          it eliminates the need to drill. Another option is to instal an eye-bolt*
          through the hole, so the kite force is perpendicular to the hole, instead of
          parallel. This is much stronger.
          *or any part that rotates the bar 90 degrees