Tip11: Kitesurfing equipment list

  • Chris Glazier
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
      [the information below was found at this web site:]
      http://www.kitesurfing.com/Support/Equipment/equipment.html

      What equipment do you need for kitesurfing?

      Here is a list of all the equipment you need for kitesurfing:

      Kite (big enough to pull you through the water) with flying lines,
      control bar, safety leash (all included in the Naish Kite package).

      Board, with footstraps and fin(s)

      Leash, to keep the board connected to your foot, usually a standard
      surf leash works best

      Wet Suite or Swim Suite, depending on the water temperature. You want
      to make sure you don't get too cold in the water. Windsurfing wet
      suites work well. If the water temperature allows you to only wear
      shorts or a swim suite, make sure they fit tight around your waist ;-
      ).

      Harness, to hook into the harness lines connected the control bar.
      Windsurfing waist or seat harnesses that fit well work best.

      Safety devices like helmet, gloves, shoes and protective eyewear are
      recommended by the manufacturer and can be helpful in certain
      conditons.

      Which Size is Right?

      As the kites and boards come in different sizes, it might not be so
      easy for you to decide which gear to get. There are a couple of
      things to consider:

      - your body weight
      - the average wind speed in your area
      - your skills (beginner, advanced, pro)
      - existing gear (wakeboard, directional board)
    • martyn gilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
        It's been a bit quiet recently: Has anyone had a
        close look at the new wetsuits specifically designed
        for kitesurfers? I saw it in the most recent Kitesurf
        magazine and from the small picture and write up they
        look great. They are priced at a reasonable 150GBP
        for a 5/3mm, zip-less, reinforced harness area, kevlar
        shin and knee pads, (just incase you get shot at)and
        fleece interior on the shoulders.

        I think they are called Artic wetsuits but I might be
        wrong.

        Any news? Stockists, arrival date?
        --- Chris Glazier <cglazier@...> wrote: > [the

      • Aidan Beanland