[ksurfschool] Re: Sv: tuning up a Naish 7.0 for a heavierriderin lighterwinds

  • gibsotho
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2000
      anyone have a quick release wipika harness for sale? and does anyone know if there is anyone in the UK that sells the winder wipi bar?

      Martyn_Gilson-1@... wrote:

      Hi Jan,

      Well, Naish used the Wipika design to develop their kites, but they didn't use
      the Wipika bladders with the one-way valves! What a mistake.....

      Here are the details of the Naish HQ in Oahu.  Look at the contact name!  Carol
      and Rick Naish, Robby's family by any chance!?

      Oahu
      Naish Hawai'i, Contact Rick or Carol Naish,
      155A Hamakua Dr., Kailua, Oahu, Hawai'i 96734 Tel 808 262 6068 Fax 808 263 9723

      email sales@...

      With this mailing list this email goes out to over 400 people.  Many of them
      will have bought Naish kites.  A few emails to the HQ would certainly be noticed
      and hopefully they would change the design, who knows?

      Let's see what response we get from the group, if it is positive we will take it
      to the next step.....

      Cheers
      Martyn

      jhb@... on 17-Feb-2000 12:05

      Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

      To:   ksurfschool, ksurfschool
      cc:    (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      Subject:  [ksurfschool] Re: Sv:  tuning up a Naish 7.0 for a heavier riderin
            lighterwinds

      At calypso.com, members create their very own web stores to earn $$.
      Just point, click & type to create a store. Earn extra money when you,
      family or friends shop from your store. Click to
      http://click.egroups.com/1/1589/5/_/60094/_/950790251/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ksurfschool/?m=1

      Hi,

      Good idear! (writing naish) Its really a pain with thoese valves! There must
      be someone out there that know about thoese things that can design another
      system. A system that works and a system that still allows the tubes to be
      "deflated" quickly in case of an emergency.

      We are Kite Surfing in Denmark right now in minus degress C.. So we have
      really problems with the valves.

      Jan Blæsild

      Midt Marketing A/S
      Gl. Skolevej 1
      DK 7400 Herning

      Phone:     +45 96 26 34 33
      Mobile:    +45 23 38 34 33
      FAX:       +45 96 26 34 01

      Email: jhb@...

      www.midtmarketing.dk

      ----------
> [...]

      > manoeuvre the plug into the valve.  It is tricky and sometimes involves
      getting
      > a mouth full of sand/mud/water but the results are better.   This is a
      > transferable skill which will certainly help 'pull' that girl of your dreams,
      > after a good day on the water! :-)
      >
      > It's just a bad design from Naish that lets this down.  I have written to
      > NaishUK (Naishuk@...) to see what their advice is but I will be surprised
      if
      > they get back to me.  If you have a Naish kite and you are unhappy with this
      > design may be you will want to email them?
      >
      > For nearly 100 GBP (160 USD, in the very expensive UK) more than the
      equivalent
      > Wipika it is hard to justify the extra cost and I hope Naish get to hear about
      > it so that they can 'continually improve their design'- Don Montague, check
      this
      > out...
      >
      > Martyn
      >

      > jrstudio@... on 17-Feb-2000 10:32
      >

      > Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com
      >
      > To:   ksurfschool
      > cc:    (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      > Subject:  [ksurfschool] Re: tuning up a Naish 7.0 for a heavier riderin
      >       lighterwinds
      >

      > Hi Marty,
      >
      > I found that if i over-inflate the bladder and then just stick my thumb over
      the
      > valve i
      > can get it close without releasing to much air. It sometimes takes a few
      tries,
      > which is
      > very annoying  -especialy if your in a hurry. In the instructions they say to
      > pinch the
      > valve which is nearly impossible. . . Let us all know what you find out .
      >
      > Martyn_Gilson-1@... wrote:
      >
      >> Hi Gary,
      >>
      >> Don't know too much about the tuning of the kite but I have the same kite.  I
      >> was wondering how you mange to get the inflatable batten pumped up to the
      >> required pressure?
      >>
      >> The valves on the equivalent Wipika have a one way system that prevents the
      > air
      >> escaping from batten.  With the Naish there is no valve and during the change
      >> over from the pump to the valve stopper, 80% of the pressure just shoots out!
      >> This is very annoying especially when the Naish is supposed to be a
      'superior'
      >> kite to the Wipika, well by superior I mean more expensive!
      >>
      >> Any advice?
      >> Cheers
      >> Martyn
      >>
      >> garys@... on 17-Feb-2000 02:34
      >>
      >> Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com
      >>
      >> To:   ksurfschool
      >> cc:    (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      >> Subject:  [ksurfschool] Re: tuning up a Naish 7.0 for a heavier rider in
      >>       lighterwinds
      >>
      >> I will let you know as soon as I find something out...

      GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
      Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/915/5/_/60094/_/950789168/

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ksurfschool

      At calypso.com, members create their very own web stores to earn $$.
      Just point, click & type to create a store. Earn extra money when you,
      family or friends shop from your store. Click to
      http://click.egroups.com/1/1589/5/_/60094/_/950790251/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ksurfschool/?m=1

    • JR Johnston
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2000
        My friend has both the naish and wipika and says that the wipika bladders aren't much better. Thanks for the naish info though,  i will write them as soon as i get a chance. good luck!

        To:   ksurfschool, ksurfschool