[ksurfschool] Re: tuning up a Naish 7.0 for a heavier riderin lighterwinds

  • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2000
      I have tried that technique but it is very difficult. As the manual suggests to
      pinch the valve must be easy when the temperature is 30 degrees C but in cooler
      air this is impossible.

      I have found a way that does make the pressure increase but it involves using
      your mouth. Pump it up, then add the last blow with your mouth. If you close
      the back of your mouth to stop the air escaping, use your tongue and teeth to
      manoeuvre the plug into the valve. It is tricky and sometimes involves getting
      a mouth full of sand/mud/water but the results are better. This is a
      transferable skill which will certainly help 'pull' that girl of your dreams,
      after a good day on the water! :-)

      It's just a bad design from Naish that lets this down. I have written to
      NaishUK (Naishuk@...) to see what their advice is but I will be surprised if
      they get back to me. If you have a Naish kite and you are unhappy with this
      design may be you will want to email them?

      For nearly 100 GBP (160 USD, in the very expensive UK) more than the equivalent
      Wipika it is hard to justify the extra cost and I hope Naish get to hear about
      it so that they can 'continually improve their design'- Don Montague, check this
      out...

      Martyn

      jrstudio@... on 17-Feb-2000 10:32

      Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

      To: ksurfschool
      cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Re: tuning up a Naish 7.0 for a heavier riderin
      lighterwinds

      Hi Marty,

      I found that if i over-inflate the bladder and then just stick my thumb over the
      valve i
      can get it close without releasing to much air. It sometimes takes a few tries,
      which is
      very annoying -especialy if your in a hurry. In the instructions they say to
      pinch the
      valve which is nearly impossible. . . Let us all know what you find out .

      Martyn_Gilson-1@... wrote:

      > Hi Gary,
      >
      > Don't know too much about the tuning of the kite but I have the same kite. I
      > was wondering how you mange to get the inflatable batten pumped up to the
      > required pressure?
      >
      > The valves on the equivalent Wipika have a one way system that prevents the
      air
      > escaping from batten. With the Naish there is no valve and during the change
      > over from the pump to the valve stopper, 80% of the pressure just shoots out!
      > This is very annoying especially when the Naish is supposed to be a 'superior'
      > kite to the Wipika, well by superior I mean more expensive!
      >
      > Any advice?
      > Cheers
      > Martyn
      >
      > garys@... on 17-Feb-2000 02:34
      >
      > Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com
      >
      > To: ksurfschool
      > cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      > Subject: [ksurfschool] Re: tuning up a Naish 7.0 for a heavier rider in
      > lighterwinds
      >
      > I will let you know as soon as I find something out...
      > Thanks for the note...
      >
      > aloha
      > Gary

      /EARTH/Temporary%20Items/nsmail4.gif
      > /EARTH/Temporary%20Items/nsmail4.gif Type: GIF Image (image/gif)
      > Encoding: base64

      Earn extra money at calypso.com by creating your own web store. For a
      limited time, join calypso.com and receive a FREE calypso whistle.
      Also learn how you can win up to $25! Click to
      http://click.egroups.com/1/1591/5/_/60094/_/950787190/

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ksurfschool/