Anyone been kitesurfing at Dominican Republic lately???

  • trondeirik@haavarstein.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2000
      Hello,

      I try to find some info about Dominican Republic and about good spots
      and wind conditions. Can anyone help me with links and stuff ???
    • arielmas
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2000
        Cabarete, on the north shore of D R, ( 30 Km from Puerto Plata airport) is perfect for Kitesurfing and Windsurfing.

        The windiest months are feb, march,  jun, jul and ago.  Feb also has  very nice waves
        There are a kite school there and a lot of windsurfing rentals and schools.

        Look for sites about Cabarete at Yahoo, you´ll find a lot.
      • Dave Raue
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2000
          Try www.hispaniola.com. It's the premier site on DR and has tons of stuff
          on Cabarete. I wnet last winter and had a blast.

          -D