Control bar length

  • cglazier@home.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2000
      I am considering buying some Airush control bars because the way the
      wrist leash goes through a hole in the bar seems simple and
      effective.
      Are these good bars?
      And can anyone tell me approximately what size bar should go with
      what size kite? (Wipika 5.0, New Wave 7.3, Naish 9.0, Naish 15.5)

      Chris G
    • Farnsworth, Kenny
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2000
        Chris,

        The Air Rush Control bars are excellent and work very well. It is my
        favorite control bar. I also have a Longhorn, but I noticed that the leader
        line does not feed as smoothly through the bar ends. I suggest a 31" bar for
        the 15.5, especially if you are flying in light wind. I use a 26" bar with
        my Naish 9.5. An 18" or 20" bar would work great with the 5.0. I am not
        sure about what size to use with the New Wave, probably the 31" bar. I used
        to have a 9.3 CA New Wave and I used a 37" bar with it. Frankly, I don't
        think you need a 7.3 New Wave if you have a 15.5. The 15.5 has so much more
        range.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2000
          Hi Kenny,
          Any web address for these Air rush control bars?
          Cheers
          Martyn

          --- "Farnsworth, Kenny" <kenny@...> wrote:
          > Chris,
          >
          > The Air Rush Control bars are excellent and work
          > very well. It is my
          > favorite control bar. I also have a Longhorn, but I
          > noticed that the leader
          > line does not feed as smoothly through the bar ends.
          > I suggest a 31" bar for
          > the 15.5, especially if you are flying in light
          > wind. I use a 26" bar with
          > my Naish 9.5. An 18" or 20" bar would work great
          > with the 5.0. I am not
          > sure about what size to use with the New Wave,
          > probably the 31" bar. I used
          > to have a 9.3 CA New Wave and I used a 37" bar with
          > it. Frankly, I don't
          > think you need a 7.3 New Wave if you have a 15.5.
          > The 15.5 has so much more
          > range.
          >
          > Kenny

        • Dwight & Jacky
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2000
            > Hi Kenny,
            > Any web address for these Air rush control bars?
            > Cheers
            > Martyn

            www.kitehigh.com

            The bar is also known as the ReRide bar.

            Another great bar is the Slingshot, which has just recently been available
            with a center trim loop kit. They only sell for only $99.00 in CARBON.

            www.sskiteboarding.com

            Dwight