[ksurfschool] Re: Sv: Kitesurf Boards

  • gibsotho
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2000
      The online second hand shop sounds great, i would be able to contribute! I may
      have a few second hand Wipika's, 5,6 and 8mte's possibley.

      Jan Harder Blæsild wrote:

      > Good idear..
      >
      > lets create a world wide online second hand-shop..
      >
      > ----------
      > >Fra: "Alan Cole" <justal@...>
      > >Til: ksurfschool@egroups.com
      > >Emne: [ksurfschool] Kitesurf Boards
      > >Dato: fre 11. feb 2000 11:47
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > > I've been flying kites since January this year, and soon progressed onto
      > > kite-mountanboarding on the beach (I use a 2.8m Predator II kite and an MBS
      > > Reactor mountainboard). I now want to start kite-surfing properly, so need a
      > > board.
      > > What is the best route to go as far as a kiteboard is concerned? What length
      > > is best? (I've been windsurfing and surfing for years, so the board skills
      > > should already be OK).
      > > I don't have a lot of money, and living in the UK, lots of commercial
      > > kiteboard options are not easily accessible.
      > > Should I get on old 7ft pop-out surfboard and put some straps on it myself?
      > > or would this be a false economy...Would it be better to save somemore money
      > > and buy a decent board. Production kiteboards in the UK such as Naish, F-one
      > > and Fanatic boards seem to be £500-£600. I could convert an old pop-out for
      > > less than £100.
      > > Alternatively, a friend of mine shapes surfboards, and given the exact
      > > dimensions of a kiteboard and all the specs, could probably make me one for
      > > around £300.
      > > Does anyone have any recommendations??
      > > Can anyone send me dimensions and specifications for a suitable custom
      > > kite-board (The more comprehensive the better)
      > > Does anyone know of anything in the second hand market that would be
      > > suitable.
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance,
      > > Al.

      > > eGroups eLerts!
      > > It’s easy. It’s fun. Best of all, it’s free.
      > >
      > > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
      > > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ksurfschool/?m=1

      > For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from
      > anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days. Click here for a chance to win a
      > digital camera.
      >
      > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ksurfschool
    • Olivier BRUNNER
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2000
        Hi,

        I would be interested in a 5m second hand Wipika. Concerning Alan's
        question, we are shaping our own boards and I can give you the
        dimensions.
        f you want to shape your own board, you can find useful info @
        http://www.shape3d.com/

        --
        E-mail: olivier.brunner@... Office: 864/RB-23
        Address: SL Division \\ CERN \\ CH-1211 Geneva 23 \\ Switzerland
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2000
          sounds good, the 5mtr isnt mine ill have to have a word with my mate, i said he was probably selling it, but i dont want to let you down if he isnt, ill find out over the weekend and ill let you know on monday. The custom board's sound good, i have a F-one at the mo' took me ages to save up cos im onley 17

          gibsotho wrote:

          > The online second hand shop sounds great, i would be able to contribute! I may
          > have a few second hand Wipika's, 5,6 and 8mte's possibley.
          >
          > Jan Harder Blæsild wrote:
          >
          > > Good idear..
          > >
          > > lets create a world wide online second hand-shop..
          > >
          > > ----------
          > > >Fra: "Alan Cole" <justal@...>
          > > >Til: ksurfschool@egroups.com
          > > >Emne: [ksurfschool] Kitesurf Boards
          > > >Dato: fre 11. feb 2000 11:47
          > > >

          > > > Hello,
          > > > I've been flying kites since January this year, and soon progressed onto
          > > > kite-mountanboarding on the beach (I use a 2.8m Predator II kite and an MBS
          > > > Reactor mountainboard). I now want to start kite-surfing properly, so need a
          > > > board.
          > > > What is the best route to go as far as a kiteboard is concerned? What length
          > > > is best? (I've been windsurfing and surfing for years, so the board skills
          > > > should already be OK).
          > > > I don't have a lot of money, and living in the UK, lots of commercial
          > > > kiteboard options are not easily accessible.
          > > > Should I get on old 7ft pop-out surfboard and put some straps on it myself?
          > > > or would this be a false economy...Would it be better to save somemore money
          > > > and buy a decent board. Production kiteboards in the UK such as Naish, F-one
          > > > and Fanatic boards seem to be £500-£600. I could convert an old pop-out for
          > > > less than £100.
          > > > Alternatively, a friend of mine shapes surfboards, and given the exact
          > > > dimensions of a kiteboard and all the specs, could probably make me one for
          > > > around £300.
          > > > Does anyone have any recommendations??
          > > > Can anyone send me dimensions and specifications for a suitable custom
          > > > kite-board (The more comprehensive the better)
          > > > Does anyone know of anything in the second hand market that would be
          > > > suitable.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks in advance,
          > > > Al.

          > > > eGroups eLerts!
          > > > It’s easy. It’s fun. Best of all, it’s free.
          > > > http://click.egroups.com/1/1231/5/_/60094/_/950266055/
          > > >
          > > > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
          > > > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ksurfschool/?m=1

          > > For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from
          > > anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a
          > > digital camera.
          > >
          > > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ksurfschool

          > Body Paint, Chocolates, & Roses Oh My!

          > -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ksurfschool&m=1

          --
          E-mail: olivier.brunner@...  Office: 864/RB-23
          Address: SL Division \\ CERN \\ CH-1211 Geneva 23 \\ Switzerland
          Phone: +41 (22) 767 62 51 Fax: +41 (22) 767 91 85
          GSM: 079 201 04 20  / cern - 16 04 20

          Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple.  Click Here!
          http://click.egroups.com/1/1155/5/_/60094/_/950275727/

          eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ksurfschool/