Re: [ksurfschool] sleeving lines

  • kiteboard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2000
      In a message dated 10/6/00 8:56:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      hanelsd@... writes:

      << do you sleeve the lines the same as regular spectra
      kite lines? >>

      Yes. You need to sleeve the line to reduce the radius of bend at the
      figure-eight knot which creates the loop in the end. That way you only loose
      about 30% of the line's strength.

      Mel
    • Jon
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2000
        For those of us who havent sleeved regular spectra kite lines, what
        is
        the sleeving material, is there something special or do I just go
        search out any hollow, thin walled cord?
        jw

        --- In ksurfschool@egroups.com, kiteboard@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 10/6/00 8:56:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        > hanelsd@p... writes:
        >
        > << do you sleeve the lines the same as regular spectra
        > kite lines? >>
        >
        > Yes. You need to sleeve the line to reduce the radius of bend at
        the
        > figure-eight knot which creates the loop in the end. That way you
        only loose
        > about 30% of the line's strength.
        >
        > Mel
      • Hanel, Steven
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2000
          I have found 200# Dacron sleeving material. One has a red tracer and the
          other has a black tracer - helps keep it organized during setup. I have
          just received it. I was told it is a snug fit for 500# line but will work
          and of course easier on smaller line.

          Steve D. Hanel