[ksurfschool] Kitesurf Boards

  • Alan Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2000
      Hello,
      I've been flying kites since January this year, and soon progressed onto
      kite-mountanboarding on the beach (I use a 2.8m Predator II kite and an MBS
      Reactor mountainboard). I now want to start kite-surfing properly, so need a
      board.
      What is the best route to go as far as a kiteboard is concerned? What length
      is best? (I've been windsurfing and surfing for years, so the board skills
      should already be OK).
      I don't have a lot of money, and living in the UK, lots of commercial
      kiteboard options are not easily accessible.
      Should I get on old 7ft pop-out surfboard and put some straps on it myself?
      or would this be a false economy...Would it be better to save somemore money
      and buy a decent board. Production kiteboards in the UK such as Naish, F-one
      and Fanatic boards seem to be �500-�600. I could convert an old pop-out for
      less than �100.
      Alternatively, a friend of mine shapes surfboards, and given the exact
      dimensions of a kiteboard and all the specs, could probably make me one for
      around �300.
      Does anyone have any recommendations??
      Can anyone send me dimensions and specifications for a suitable custom
      kite-board (The more comprehensive the better)
      Does anyone know of anything in the second hand market that would be
      suitable.

      Thanks in advance,
      Al.