Re: [ksurfschool] glossary

  • Steve Thorpe
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2000
      > This is essentially correct, but it's about the tenth time I've read "pushing
      > on the bar", & I can't take it any more!! You never push the bar, you just
      > stop pulling. Pushing would do no good anyway (unless you were countering
      > the force of a bungie) since you can't push a line (once it's slack that's
      > it).
      >
      > Mel

      You're right of course - there's no push needed to sheet out - even to
      sheet out totally, as on my Seasmik - to completely depower the kite
      you just release the bar. Actually the center line acts as your leash on the
      Seasmik so I know as well as anyone that it sheets out when you let
      go the bar. I was just trying to conveying the general direction of
      movement without getting too technical about it.

      Steve