Glossary available?

  • Hanel, Steven
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000
      Extremely new - just received my gear but keep seeing phrases and terms that
      I am curious their meaning.

      Is there an on-line glossary of equipment terms and phrases dealing with
      kite boarding?
    • kiteboard@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000
        The first place I'd check would be
        http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~hungvu/kitesurfing.htm
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000
          Thanks for the recommendation Tom; however, I don't have any glossary
          available at the site at the moment. When it comes to glossary, I am
          the worst. Anybody want to volunteer? Mark? ;-)

          Steven, please tell us which words do you want to include in the
          glossary.

          Hung.

          kiteboard@... wrote:

          > The first place I'd check would be
          > http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~hungvu/kitesurfing.htm

        • Tom Rolf
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000
            I saw one about a year ago, but not sure where. Maybe the Concept Air site.

            Hung Vu wrote:

            > Thanks for the recommendation Tom; however, I don't have any glossary
            > available at the site at the moment. When it comes to glossary, I am
            > the worst. Anybody want to volunteer? Mark? ;-)
            >
            > Steven, please tell us which words do you want to include in the
            > glossary.
            >
            > Hung.
            >
            > kiteboard@... wrote:
            > >
            > > The first place I'd check would be
            > > http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~hungvu/kitesurfing.htm

          • Steve Thorpe
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000
              Here's one. It's general for power kiting but includes
              some kitesurfing terminology - and anyone can add to it:

              http://www.kites.org/jo/terminology.html