[ksurfschool] Re: INFO PLEASE

  • Colin Gowland
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2000
      Ezra,

      What winds will you be mostly sailing in and what is your weight?

      Kind Regards,
      Colin

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2000
        Colin
        I will mostly be sailing in 10-20 MPH winds. I weight 180 lb. What have you
        hear about the STW FOne kite.
        Thanks
        Ezra
      • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
          My brother has a 6.5m2 FOne kite but not the newer STW.

          It is powerful (he is a 'fatty' at 105Kg, I think that is about 210lbs) and he
          was recommended to get the FOne because of it's power. As long as you don't
          require the relaunchability and you shouldn't as you know how to fly kites and
          keep them in the air then a foil like an FOne is a very good sail.

          They are quite expensive but of very good quality. They are fast in the air and
          do not require to be inflated.

          I looked at that kite but got a good deal on a Naish and basically it comes down
          to how much you are willing to pay.

          It is also important to remember that it is mainly down to skill and technique
          rather than having a super kite but there are not many second hand ones around!

          Martyn

          EZIK123@... on 03-Feb-2000 22:09

          Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

          To: ksurfschool
          cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
          Subject: [ksurfschool] Re: INFO PLEASE

          Colin
          I will mostly be sailing in 10-20 MPH winds. I weight 180 lb. What have you
          hear about the STW FOne kite.
          Thanks
          Ezra

          Want To Be Showered With Kisses?