Re: [ksurfschool] water relaunching a Vegas 14

  • George
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
      Hi,

      The '06 Vegas is a 5 line kite. In light wind,
      when the kite is
      on the water leading edge down, you pull on the
      5th line, but not so much that it completely turns it
      on it's back.. When you've pulled enough of the
      5th line that the kite tips are raising off the water,

      start steering the kite with the back lines to get it
      to the edge of the 'wind window'. Make sure
      you are ready to let go of the 5th line once
      the kite starts moving to the edge, and never wrap
      lines around your hands! 5th lines are great
      for relaunching in light wind.

      Good Luck!

      --- johndeane100 <johndeane100@...> wrote:

      > I've just used a 2006 Vegas for the first time and
      > last week it fell
      > to the water. While down, it powered up, inflated
      > edge down, and back
      > edge up. I couldn't get it move to the window to
      > relaunch no matter
      > how I pointed the bar at it. The wind It
      > eventually blew me to shore
      > where I was able to get it over to the window edge.
      > SHould I have swam toward the kite so the wind could
      > blow it over and
      > then try to get it to the edge?

      http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
    • johndeane100
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2007
        Hi - I spent about 20 mins trying to haul in the on the centerline but
        the wind kept the kite powered. I was using my board in the water to
        add resistance to the kite and to try to get it to the edge of the
        window. Did I compound the problem by doing that?