water relaunching a Vegas 14

  • johndeane100
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
      I've just used a 2006 Vegas for the first time and last week it fell
      to the water. While down, it powered up, inflated edge down, and back
      edge up. I couldn't get it move to the window to relaunch no matter
      how I pointed the bar at it. The wind It eventually blew me to shore
      where I was able to get it over to the window edge.
      SHould I have swam toward the kite so the wind could blow it over and
      then try to get it to the edge?
    • George
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
        Hi,

        The '06 Vegas is a 5 line kite. In light wind,
        when the kite is
        on the water leading edge down, you pull on the
        5th line, but not so much that it completely turns it
        on it's back.. When you've pulled enough of the
        5th line that the kite tips are raising off the water,

        start steering the kite with the back lines to get it
        to the edge of the 'wind window'. Make sure
        you are ready to let go of the 5th line once
        the kite starts moving to the edge, and never wrap
        lines around your hands! 5th lines are great
        for relaunching in light wind.

        Good Luck!

        --- johndeane100 <johndeane100@...> wrote:

        > I've just used a 2006 Vegas for the first time and
        > last week it fell
        > to the water. While down, it powered up, inflated
        > edge down, and back
        > edge up. I couldn't get it move to the window to
        > relaunch no matter
        > how I pointed the bar at it. The wind It
        > eventually blew me to shore
        > where I was able to get it over to the window edge.
        > SHould I have swam toward the kite so the wind could
        > blow it over and
        > then try to get it to the edge?

        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
      • johndeane100
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2007
          Hi - I spent about 20 mins trying to haul in the on the centerline but
          the wind kept the kite powered. I was using my board in the water to
          add resistance to the kite and to try to get it to the edge of the
          window. Did I compound the problem by doing that?